A School-Centered Collaborative Model for Program Development
- Marketing, finance workshops at Teachers College. // Independent School;Spring93, Vol. 52 Issue 3, The Reporter News Briefs p14
Announces two intensive summer workshops of interest to independent school administrators at the office of continuing education at Teachers College, Columbia University. Strategic Marketing for Academic Institutions; School Finance: Allocation for Nonprofit Organizations.
- Critical friends. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;5/4/94, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p20
Features the experiences of several New York City teachers who have participated in training programs developed by the National Center for Restructuring Education, Schools, and Teaching at Teacher's College, Columbia University. British model of improving the quality of instruction; Details of...
- Klingenstein Fellows. // Independent School;Fall95, Vol. 55 Issue 1, The Reporter p9
Presents the list of independent school administrators invited to spend a year studying at Teachers College in University of Columbia, New York City, New York, as Joseph Klingenstein Fellows for 1996-96.
- Curriculum and Program Research in Physical Education: Selected Approaches. Anderson, William G. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1989, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p113
This article reports on a group of eight recent studies that focus on physical education curriculums and programs. The investigations were completed in connection with the doctoral research program at Teachers College, Columbia University. The intent of this review is to provoke interest in...
- New institute to focus on media, education. Ponessa, Jeannne // Education Week;6/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the efforts of administrators at the Teachers College, Columbia University to iron out the relationship between educators and the reporters with the creation of the Hechinger Institute for media and education. Appointment of Gene I. Maeroff as head; Teachers College president Arthur...
- Teachers' Reactions to Activities in Ongoing Program Development. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1988, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p240
This article describes the assessment of the project of the Physical Education Program Development Center at Teachers College, Columbia University to improve the physical education program in a school through an interaction of program and staff development. The assessment showed that the most...
- Looking back. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;2/28/96, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p23
Focuses on the founding history of Columbia University's Teachers College. Nicholas Murray Butler's establishment of the New York School for the Training of Teachers in 1887 which officially became known as the Teachers' College in 1892; Courses offered; Publication of the `Teachers; College...
- Educating the press. Morgan, Joan // Black Issues in Higher Education;7/25/96, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on the foundation of the Hechinger Institute of Education and the Media to offer services to working reporters, editors and broadcast producers at Columbia University's Teachers College. Improvement of coverage of education; Seminars planned by the institute; Concern about having a...
- The Future of Education in America and for America. Kilpatrick, William H. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/37, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p706
Presents the text of a speech given by William H. Kilpatrick, professor-emeritus of education at Teachers College, Columbia University, New York City, New York, on August 9, 1937 which assesses the future of education in the U.S.