Relationship of Practice Using Correct Technique to Achievement in a Motor Skill
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Use of Instructional Statements by Preservice Teachers for Overhand Throwing Performance of Children. Stroot, Sandra A.; Oslin, Judith L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1993, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
The purpose of this study was to (a) determine preservice teachers' ability to use component-specific feedback to influence student performance on the overhand throw and (b) to develop an instrument to record teachers' verbal behaviors concurrent with student performance, Preservice teachers...
- SINIF Ã–ÄžRETMENÄ° ADAYLARININ Ä°LETÄ°ÅžÄ°M BECERÄ° DÃœZEYLERÄ°NE YÃ–NELÄ°K BÄ°R Ã‡ALIÅžMA. ELKATMIŞ, Metin; ÜNAL, Emre // Trakya University Journal of Social Science;Jun2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p99
The aim of this research is to examine pre-service classroom teachers' levels of communication skills with respect to certain variables. To this aim, the research was designed in the descriptive pattern using relational screening model. The universe of the research consisted of third- and...
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- SOSYAL BÄ°LGÄ°LER Ã–ÄžRETMEN ADAYLARININ POLÄ°TÄ°KA BÄ°LÄ°MÄ°NE YÃ–NELÄ°K EÄžÄ°LÄ°MLERÄ°NÄ°N BELÄ°RLENMESÄ°. AKHAN, Osman // Journal of Social Sciences / Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi;ara2013, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p37
The aim of this research is to analyze the tendencies of pre-service teachers) in the Department of the Elementary Social Studies Teaching towards politics. Social studies class is considered as a field where the students develop positive or negative opinions towards political system and...