What Preservice Physical Education Teachers See in an Unguided Field Experience: A Follow-Up Study
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Appropriate or Inappropriate Practice: Exercise as Punishment in Physical Education Class. Barney, David; Pleban, Francis T.; Fullmer, Matt; Griffiths, Rachel; Higginson, Kelsey; Whaley, Dez // Physical Educator;LateWinter2016, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p59
There is an expectation that physical educators will provide games, activities, and interactions that will positively affect student attitudes toward being physically active throughout their lives. Unfortunately, certain pedagogical practices have been employed in physical education (PE) classes...
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Preservice Physical Educator Attitude Toward Teaching Students with Disabilities. // Clinical Kinesiology (Online Edition);Fall2008, p1
Public Law 108-466 requires physical education teachers to provide direct service to students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment, which, whenever feasible, is a general education classroom. The study examined the attitude of undergraduate students majoring in physical...
- Prospective PETE Students, PETE Student Teachers, and Clinical Model Teachers in a University Teacher Education Program. Graham, Kathy C.; Hohn, Richard C.; Werner, Peter H.; Woods, Amelia M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1993, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p161
The article presents a study that compares conceptions of teaching among individuals associated with a university physical education teacher education program. Students, student teachers, and teachers were observed to reveal that teaching conceptions among the students differed significantly...
- Promoting Preservice Teacher Reflectivity: Van Manen May Represent a Viable Model. Ballard, Kristy K.; McBride, Ron // Physical Educator;Spring2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p58
From Dewey (1933) to present, reflectivity is an important component of teacher education. Little information exists that specifically addresses when changes in reflectivity might occur. Therefore, the purpose of this study was: (a) to apply Van Manen's model to outcomes to examine levels of,...
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...