Students' Perceptions of Physical Education Objectives
- Postmodern Moonshine in English 101. Miller, Nan // Academic Questions;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p6
The article evaluates the methods adopted by the modern theorists to teach English composition. The new mode of composition is taught in the colleges and universities in spite of the declining literacy among the college students. The article states that most of the students suffer from clear...
- PE Promotes Active Lifestyle Among Adolescents, Study Finds. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;06/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p6
Focuses on the results of a study by the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill on the importance of physical education to teenagers in the United States (U.S.). Status of physical education participation among students; Impact of inactivity to teenagers; Problem with the physical...
- Exercise reduces stress. // Science Teacher;May96, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p10
Reports that stress can be significantly reduced by doing at least 20 minute sessions of moderate exercise. Other benefits of exercise; Findings from a study conducted by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Analysis of the findings; Conclusion.
- Study finds most pregnant women don't exercise enough. // Medical Economics;4/23/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p36
The article reports on a study by researchers at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill which found that most women during pregnancy do not get enough exercise as required by health experts.
- Work it! S. R. // Fit Pregnancy;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the study by researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill which shows that only 57 percent of pregnant women do moderate or vigorous exercise.
- Untitled. // Bandolier;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses numeracy in medical students and patients. Asking a few simple mathematics questions and see how many correct answers got is one way of measuring numeracy. The test was performed with 62 first-year medical students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill medical...
- Semester Abroad to SOAR in Chile. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Apr2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p32
Highlights the overseas study program in Chile offered by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to its science undergraduate students in fall 2004. Subjects that will be offered to the science students; Activities that will be conducted in the overseas study program; Cost of...
- 55 years later, University of North Carolina celebrates integration. Breen, Tom // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;9/22/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p7
The article reports on the anniversary celebration at University of North Carolina (UNC) in Chapell Hill, North Carolina which commemorates the bravery of three UNC's black alumni who fought for their rights to go to school by overturning the racist admission policies of the university.
- Complaint Charges University of North Carolina Violated Rights of Sexual Assault Victims. // Women in Academia Report;1/22/2013, p12
The article reports the complaint filed by female students against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, which charges the university with violation of sexual assault victims' rights. It emphasizes the failure of university community in protecting victims, and...