Developments in Education, Physical Education, Play, and Sport
- PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY AND INDUCTIVE REASONING IN DOMESTIC SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE--THE BASIC PARADIGM FOR RESEARCH AND ARGUMENTATION ON HUMAN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. Bokan, Božo // Serbian Journal of Sports Sciences;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p85
The aim of the research was to provide an objective review of leading scientific journals and collections of papers by the determination, comparison and analysis of the number and the type of studies with respect to the research methods and techniques used in them, and the most commonly...
- Professional Journals as a Source of Information about Teaching NOS: An Examination of Articles Published in Science & Children, 1996-2010. CITE, S.; HANUSCIN, D. L. // Science Education International;2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p396
Articles in the National Association for Science Teachers [NSTA] elementary journal Science and Children that describe an activity related to teaching nature of science [NOS] were analysed to ascertain the extent to which those activities align with research based suggestions for teaching NOS...
- Ecojustice in science education: leaving the classroom. Mueller, Michael // Cultural Studies of Science Education;Jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p351
Eduardo Dopico and Eva Garcia-VÃ¡zquez's article enriched the ecojustice literature with an interesting metaphor of leaving the classroom, which I argue for here. Glasson and Boggs help to highlight the challenges and fortitude of working ecojustice perspectives in science education and the...
- Writing an argument to a real audience: Alternative ways to motivate students in writing about science. Ying-Chih Chen // Teaching Science: The Journal of the Australian Science Teachers;Dec2013, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p8
Writing for an audience different from teachers motivates students to translate their existing knowledge into audience-appropriate language, in which students explain, elaborate, and integrate their understanding of science concepts using more than just the technical language of the subject....
- George Glasson and George Bogg's prospects on the environmental friendly relationship and ecojustice. Dopico, Eduardo // Cultural Studies of Science Education;Jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p347
This rejoinder to George Glasson and George Bogg's papers provides additional conversation for considering the idea that we try to develop: leaving the classroom to continue teaching. Converting the teaching-learning process into research experiences brings our students not only scientific...
- Notation of Additional Studies. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1986, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p78
The article discusses studies which were conducted in the 1980's. The article also lists references which could be used as resources for future research. The studies were conducted in the area of physical education and specifically looked at various aspects of physical education teachers...
- Preface to the Special Section E-MRS MACAN. Chatain, Dominique; Kaplan, Wayne; Finnis, Mike; Scheu, Chrisitina // Journal of Materials Science;Feb2012, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p1603
A preface to a special section in the February 15, 2012 issue of the "Journal of Materials Science" is presented.
- Preface. Zhu, Yuntian // Journal of Materials Science;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p4459
A preface to the July 1, 2013 issue of the "Journal of Materials Science," which includes a list of individuals the author would like to acknowledge for their involvement in the publication of the issue's articles, is presented.
- Guest Editor's Editorial: Preface to the special section on Materials Science in New Zealand. Staiger, Mark // Journal of Materials Science;Feb2012, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p1101
A preface to the February 1, 2012 issue of the â€œJournal of Materials Scienceâ€ is presented.