- Some Thoughts as "Research" Turns 25. BRACEY, GERALD W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar2009, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p530
In this article the author discusses his experiences writing about education research. The author describes the relation between research and practice, and explores the proper ways to marry the disciplines. He surveys the historical obstacles to educational change, which include the...
- Evolution of qualitative research methodology: Looking beyond defense to possibilities. Putney, LeAnn G.; Green, Judith L. // Reading Research Quarterly;Jul-Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p368
Discusses methodological issues facing qualitative researches in education. One way to understand the history of qualitative research and how multivocal community of practice has developed; What qualitative research contributes; Different phases in the development of qualitative research.
- 6. Structuring a Pluralistic Methodology for the Sociology of Education. Dong Zefang // Chinese Education & Society;Mar-Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p69
Evaluates the factors affecting the construction of a methodological system in educational sociology. Particularity of the research subject; Diversity of perspective in research; Complexity of research methods.
- A PROCESS APPROACH: The I-Search with Grade 5: They Learn! Bowen, Carol // Teacher Librarian;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p14
Presents an article about applying a process approach for motivating grade five students to do research. Skills needed in the process approach; Description of the process approach; Outcome of the application of the process approach.
- Children's success in school: Collaborative research among counselors, supervisors, and... Gerler Jr., Edwin R. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Oct90, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p64
Describes a process of collaboration modeled after earlier collaborative research among school counselors, supervisors and counselor educators on the topic of students' success in school. Framing of the problem; Research objectives; Selection of appropriate measures; Development of strategies;...
- PERSPECTIVES ON... Use of Formal and Informal Methods to Gain Information among Faculty at an Australian Regional University. Jirojwong, Sansnee; Wallin, Margie // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jan/Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p68
Presents information on a study which compared the use of formal and informal methods of information gathering by faculty for teaching and research activities. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Editorial... Hesapcioglu, Muhsin // Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice;Summer2009, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p999
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one on qualitative and quantitative research techniques and another on educational sciences.
- Why Data Skills Matter In School Improvement. Heritage, Margaret; Chen, Eva // Phi Delta Kappan;May2005, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p707
Looks at a method for training educators to use data in educational reform initiatives. Influence of effectively collecting and analyzing data on the attainment of educational objectives in U.S. schools; Details of five steps toward the effective use of data, including formation of a question,...
- Organisationen im Wandel. Fölker, Laura // ZQF - Zeitschrift fuer Qualitative Forschung;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p67
Currently, the lack of longitudinal studies focusing on developmental processes within school development research is high on the research-practical agenda. Following up this discussion the article focuses on methodological reflections towards a longitudinal reconstructive research employing the...