Teaching Contingency Management Skills to Disruptive Elementary Students: Effects on Student Self-Concept and Physical Educators' Behaviors
- Pupils' Misbehaviors and the Reactions and Causal Attributions of Physical Education Student Teachers: A Sequential Analysis. Goyette, Robert; Dor�, Robert; Dion, �ric // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the misbehaviors of pupils and reactions and causal attributions of physical education student teachers in Montreal, Quebec. Categories of reactions; Observation on causal attribution of misbehaviors made by student teachers; Differences on reactions and attributions.
- UÄŒITELJ U NASTAVI FIZIÄŒKOG VASPITANjA. Stamatović, Milovan; Šekeljić, Goran; Bojović, Žana; Marković, Živorad // Sport Mont;sep2012, Issue 34-36, p401
The authors of this paper are directed to physical education in elementary school younger and the role of teachers in the implementation of this subject. The first part discusses the importance of physical education for physical and mental development of younger school children of primary school...
- Misapplication of Teaching Concepts. Hare, Molly K. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Provides examples showing the misapplication of the teaching concepts by physical education teachers. Correction of every performance error that is noticed; Use of circle of parallel line organizational patterns in any sport setting; Resolutions for appropriate application of the rule of teaching.
- Using Comprehensive Teaching Models to Enhance Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Mohr, Derek J.; Townsend, J. Scott // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Evaluates the use of comprehensive teaching models to enhance physical education teachers' pedagogical content knowledge. Sport education; Tactical games approach; Ecological task analysis.
- Idea Exchange. // NEA Today;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p26
Presents tips on teaching. Advice for physical education teachers; Use of charity address labels; Idea on encouraging students to aspire for top-level jobs.
- Perceptions of High, Average and Low Performance Second Graders About Physical Education and Physical Education Teachers. Martin, LeaAnn Tyson // Physical Educator;Early Winter2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p204
Presents a which examined the perceptions of elementary students about physical education and physical education teachers. Method and data collection; Results of the study; Conclusion.
- Instructional Strategies: Influence on Teacher and Student Behavior. McKenzie, Thomas L.; Clark, Elizabeth K.; McKenzie, Randi // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Winter1984, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p20
This article focuses on the influence of instructional strategies on teacher and student behavior. The author defines an instructional strategy as a set of antecedents and consequences used by a teacher to develop and control the behavior of learners. While alternative teaching strategies have...
- An Introduction to Sequential Behavior Analysis and What It Offers Physical Education Teacher Education Researchers. Sharpe, Tom // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1997, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p368
Examines the use of Sequential Behavioral Analysis (SBA) in determining behavioral differences among physical education teachers. Challenges of using SBA in research and development; Limitations of SBA; List of benefits of SBA.
- Variability in Teaching Behavior and Interaction in the Gymnasium. Lombardo, Bennett J.; Cheffers, John T. F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Winter1983, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p33
This article discusses variability in teaching behavior and interaction in the gymnasium. The study observed two male and two female physical education teachers and each were observed twice a day noting grade level, lesson content, day of the week of the lesson and time of the day. The observer...