From Teacher Preparation to the Public Schools: Inservice Teachers Speak Out
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Prospective PETE Students, PETE Student Teachers, and Clinical Model Teachers in a University Teacher Education Program. Graham, Kathy C.; Hohn, Richard C.; Werner, Peter H.; Woods, Amelia M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1993, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p161
The article presents a study that compares conceptions of teaching among individuals associated with a university physical education teacher education program. Students, student teachers, and teachers were observed to reveal that teaching conceptions among the students differed significantly...
- The Impact of a Critically Oriented Physical Education Teacher Education Course on Preservice Classroom Teachers. Curtner-Smith, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p35
Studies of the influence of conventional methods courses on preservice classroom teachers (PCTs) have provided mixed results. The purpose of the study described in this paper was to break new ground and examine the effects of a critically oriented 6-week methods course and a 9-week early field...
- Promoting Preservice Teacher Reflectivity: Van Manen May Represent a Viable Model. Ballard, Kristy K.; McBride, Ron // Physical Educator;Spring2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p58
From Dewey (1933) to present, reflectivity is an important component of teacher education. Little information exists that specifically addresses when changes in reflectivity might occur. Therefore, the purpose of this study was: (a) to apply Van Manen's model to outcomes to examine levels of,...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.