Research on Teaching Physical Education: A Discussion with Larry Locke and Daryl Siedentop
- Scholarship and Research in the Graduate Program. Siedentop, Daryl // Quest (00336297);Winter1976, Vol. 25, p86
This article talks about research and scholarship in graduate programs and aims to explore ways that would better influence graduate students in adopting a research lifestyle. This is for the faster expansion of physical education's research and scholarship base. The members of this panel of...
- Editors' Page. Metzler, Michael W.; Freedman, Mark S. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Fall1981, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
This article reflects on research on teaching physical education and discusses content of the issue. The first article is a conversation between Lawrence Locke and Daryl Siedentop moderated by George Graham. They summarize the past and present of research on teaching in physical education as...
- Exorcist II: A Reply to Siedentop. Schempp, Paul G. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1988, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p79
The author responds to comments by Dr. Daryl L. Siedentop. Siedentop attacks the author's position on natural science claiming that he believes natural science is "an evil spirit" and that his paper is an exorcism of natural science from research on teaching in physical education. He had...
- Student Role Involvement During a Unit of Sport Education. Hastie, Peter A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1996, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p88
This study examined a sixth-grade physical education class during participation in a speedball unit using the "sport education" model (Siedentop, 1994). In this unit, students took varying roles, including player, coach, referee, scorer, and statistician. The unit was examined using systematic...
- Sport Education: A Retrospective. Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p409
Presents the text of a speech given by teacher Daryl Siedentop, which deals with the subject of sport education.
- Bye Bye Consultants - Hello Sport Education. Schendel, Cindy // Illinois Journal for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Da;Spring2006, Vol. 57, p5
Focuses on the sport education curriculum model which could help students to experience being part of a team and work collaboratively. Information on several aspects of the model that are enticing; Definition of the model which was developed by Daryl Siedentop; Ability of the model to teach...
- Physical Education: Introductory Analysis. Anderson, William G. // Quest (00336297);Jan1973, Vol. 19, p133
The article reviews the book "Physical Education: Introductory Analysis," by Daryl Siedentop.
- Developing Teaching Skills in Physical Education. 2nd edition. Macmillan, Sandra // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Spring1983, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p68
This article presents a review of the book "Developing Teaching Skills in Physical Education," by Daryl Siedentop.
- Sport Education: Quality PE Through Positive Sport Experiences. Lambdin, Dolly // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1995, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p130
This article presents a review of the book "Sport Education: Quality PE Through Positive Sport Experiences," edited by Daryl Siedentop.