- Research on Teaching Physical Education: A Discussion with Larry Locke and Daryl Siedentop. Graham, George // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Fall1981, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p3
This article presents a conversation about research on teaching physical education between Larry Locke and Daryl Siedentop and moderated by George Graham. They discuss the parameters of teaching physical education research as Locke says that it involves people watching physical education...
- Sport Education: A Retrospective. Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p409
Presents the text of a speech given by teacher Daryl Siedentop, which deals with the subject of sport education.
- Bye Bye Consultants - Hello Sport Education. Schendel, Cindy // Illinois Journal for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Da;Spring2006, Vol. 57, p5
Focuses on the sport education curriculum model which could help students to experience being part of a team and work collaboratively. Information on several aspects of the model that are enticing; Definition of the model which was developed by Daryl Siedentop; Ability of the model to teach...
- Physical Education: Introductory Analysis. Anderson, William G. // Quest (00336297);Jan1973, Vol. 19, p133
The article reviews the book "Physical Education: Introductory Analysis," by Daryl Siedentop.
- Developing Teaching Skills in Physical Education. 2nd edition. Macmillan, Sandra // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Spring1983, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p68
This article presents a review of the book "Developing Teaching Skills in Physical Education," by Daryl Siedentop.
- Exorcist II: A Reply to Siedentop. Schempp, Paul G. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1988, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p79
The author responds to comments by Dr. Daryl L. Siedentop. Siedentop attacks the author's position on natural science claiming that he believes natural science is "an evil spirit" and that his paper is an exorcism of natural science from research on teaching in physical education. He had...
- Sport Education: Quality PE Through Positive Sport Experiences. Lambdin, Dolly // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1995, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p130
This article presents a review of the book "Sport Education: Quality PE Through Positive Sport Experiences," edited by Daryl Siedentop.
- The Impact of Sport Education on Research and Teaching in Physical Education. Hastle, Peter // Cultura, Ciencia y Deporte;2012, Issue 19, p3
The author reflects on sport education research. He mentions that Daryl Siedentop presented a pedagogical model in 1994 which promotes positive sports experiences by stimulating the contextual features of authentic sports. He notes that researchers from the Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha...
- Human Kinetics, 2004. Gillespie, Lorna // Physical Educator - Journal of Physical Education New Zealand;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p30
The article reviews the book "Human Kinetics," by Daryl Siedentop, Peter Hastie, and Hans Van Der Mars.