Professional Self-Perception of Physical Education Teachers
- PRIMARY AND SECUNDARY SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS' BELIEFS. Del Valle, S.; De la Vega, R.; Rodríguez, M. // Revista Internacional de Medicina y Ciencias de la Actividad FÃ;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 59, p507
The study has analyzed physical education teachers' self-perception of their professional competences in primary and secondary school, as one of the aspects that determines physical education identity as a school subject. The main purpose of the analysis is to review the status of physical...
- Educator role as related to practicing teachers: Focusing for the future. Sharpe, Tom // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p95
Studies the role of practicing physical educators. Perceived roles; Educational purposes and physical education orientations; Significance of a consistent philosophy; Characteristics of an exemplary physical educator.
- Psychological Dispositions That Facilitated and Sustained the Development of Knowledge of a Constructivist Approach to Physical Education. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p136
Presents a case study of an in-service elementary physical education teacher. Implementation of a movement approach by the teacher; List of psychological dispositions facilitating the development of the teacher's knowledge; Aspects of teacher thinking.
- Subject Expertise and Teachers' Knowledge. Schempp, Paul G.; Manross, Dean; Tan, Steven K.S.; Fincher, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p342
Examines the influence of subject matter expertise on the pedagogical content knowledge of physical education teachers. Definition of pedagogical content knowledge; Challenges in student motivation; Differences in curricular selection.
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.
- Value Orientations of Physical Education Preservice and Inservice Teachers. Behets, Daniel // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p144
Examines the value profiles of physical education preservice and inservice teachers in Flanders, Belgium. Consideration of teaching experience and type of teaching degree; Focus of the orientation on the social responsibility of teachers; Discussion on the process of enculturation and social...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- Characteristics of physical education faculty in Historically Black Colleges and Universities... Stier Jr., William F.; Quarterman, Jerome // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p73
Examines the status of physical education faculty and the policies, practices and procedures which relate to them as teachers in Historically Black Colleges and Universities possessing a major in physical education in the United States. General characteristics of institutions studied; Physical...