Supply Chain Security
- New Food Transport Regs Challenge the Supply Chain. Sowinski, Lara L. // World Trade;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p16
Deals with the implication of rules governing the importation of food for the supply chain in the U.S. as of December 2003. Use of electronic systems among truck operators; Need to conduct special handling in shipments; Areas in food importation where added costs are likely to be implemented.
- The UK should grow its own food, says advisor. Watson, Elaine // Food Manufacture;Aug2008, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on advice by one of the British government's advisors over British food supply chain. The study reveals a worrying level of complacency about the resilience of the British food supply chain. Tim Lang, professor of food policy, said that they know that their food supply chain...
- We swore we would never forget. Stevens, Shawn K. // National Provisioner;May2011, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p10
In this article the author discusses the development of the food industry in the U.S. as of 2011. He notes the abundance of the industry which makes the country proud of. However, he stresses that food supply may serve as a target to those who are likely to do harm. He points out that this led...
- The cost of doing business in the era of terrorism. Fassl, Joyce // Food Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the effect of terrorism on the food industry in the U.S. Priorities of the food industry; Challenges being faced by the industry as of October 2004; Threat posed by terrorism on food supply.
- FACTS ON FOOD. // New Republic;11/10/47, Vol. 117 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the world food outlook described during the meeting of the International Emergency Food Council. Reduction of world food supply to a point below the bare subsistence level of past years; Effects of too much rain during the winter and too little rain during the summer on food supply;...
- Food system governance. CLANCY, KATE // Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems & Community Development;Winter2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
The article applies the concept of governance to food systems policy and supply chain development. It identifies uncertainty about what the end goals should be as a challenge of governance in achieving sustainable development. Also discussed are many challenges facing supply chains, including...
- Time to make ends meet. Chomka, Stefan // Food Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p35
Focuses on European legislation and other regulations concerning the food supply chain. Aim of establishing traceability throughout the food supply chain; Provisions in the European General Food Law pertaining to food supply chains; Background on the Foodtrace project designed to prepare...
- SOLUTION LIES WITH TRACKING TECHNOLOGY. // Food Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technologies that can improve traceability along the food supply chain. Radio frequency identification; Global positioning systems.
- Assessing the Impact of Sustainability Improvement Options on the Agri-food Supply Chain Governance Structures: Development of an Evaluation Tool. Rota, Cosimo; Zanasi, Cesare; Reynolds, Nikolai // International Journal on Food System Dynamics;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p159
The competitiveness of a supply chain is driven by the ability of supply chain governance structures to adapt to the chains' continuously changing technical and organizational characteristics. The present study addresses the adoption of sustainability improvement options in the area of...