Machines for Hire
- Outsourcing: the New Age of Delegation. Peterman, Pat // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p29
Discusses the benefits of outsourcing for companies. Details of how outsourcing works; Similarities between outsourcing and being a show director; Services being outsourced by companies.
- UK is Europe's keenest outsourcer. Whitehouse, Cara // Supply Management;2/17/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p7
Reports on results of 14th annual UPS Europe Business Monitor showing that Great Britain is western Europe's most enthusiastic outsourcer. Percentage of British companies considering looking overseas for better deals; Rate of outsourcing; Most likely functions to be outsourced by British...
- Contracting out grows. // Supply Management;6/23/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p8
Reports that British businesses are becoming more positive about outsourcing.
- Overseas Connections. Gandossy, Robert P.; Kao, Tina // Across the Board;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the lessons learned by various companies from outsourcing experiences based on a study conducted by Hewitt Associates. Advantages of having the right talent for the job; Challenges faced by companies in outsourcing; Importance of having a dedicated in-country team at setup according...
- Studies Praise and Criticize Outsourcing. // Welding Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the cost and quality of jobs outsourced outside the U.S.
- Contract Management that Boosts Revenue. O'Connor, Robert // Contract Management;Nov2002, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p28
Recommends the integration of contract management into all revenue processes of business organizations for better management of the entire revenue cycle. Concept of revenue management; Model for integrated revenue and contract management in high-technology companies; Optimization and automation...
- Outsourcing, like a brutal beating, is good for you. Khol, Ronald // Machine Design;4/1/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p14
Comments on the praises given by experts on the outsourcing practice of U.S. companies. Comparison between the experts and the academic people at the university; Argument presented by the experts on why outsourcing is beneficial to companies; Overview of how the real business world works.
- Outsourcing the ALM Process -- A 2012 Update. Brookhart, Mary // Bank Asset/Liability Management;Aug2012, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p5
The article offers information on some ways on how to assist financial institution in the U.S. with the process of vendor selection. It outlines several major benefits and risks of outsourcing. It provides an overview of the criteria for selecting the outsourcing vendor. It also emphasizes the...
- Contractor-based lubrication programs. Johnson, Mike // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p34
The article discusses the issues face by plant engineers including difficulty in employing, training, and replacing high-skilled technical worker wherein they consider outsourcing. It states that lubrication contractors offer a turnkey solution that attracts senior management. Moreover,...