Easy, Breezy Mornings
- Forecourt retailing: join the breakfast club. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;January 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p71
Reports on the growth of the breakfast on the move market in Europe. Factors that contributed to the increased number of consumers who buy ready-to-eat breakfast meals; Companies that offer breakfast on the move products; Growth potentials offered to forecourt retailers by the growth of the...
- Drive Time = Dine Time. Williams, Mina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/6/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 31, special section p1
The article reports on the growth of the breakfast sector of the quick-service restaurant business in the United States. According to the NPD Group, restaurant share of the morning meal is at 11 percent in 2006. Industry observers identify consumers' need to multitask as one of the primary...
- A 'Quick' Bite. Cannon, Leeann // Nation's Restaurant News;8/6/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 31, special section p1
The article reports on the growing number of quick-service restaurants in the United States offering on-the-go breakfast meals. According to the author, quick service restaurant chains are expanding their breakfast menus in an effort to give consumers what they are looking for. The author...
- Breakfast on the Run: Slim Pickin's Among Fast-Food Options. Helm, Janet // Environmental Nutrition;Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p5
Provides tips on what and not to order for breakfast at the drive-thru of fast-food chains in the U.S. Recommendation of English muffin, bagel, and scrambled eggs; Calorie and fat content of Egg Muffin from McDonald's; Sodium content of instant breakfasts.
- Movable Feast. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, Special Section p1
Reports on the trends in the breakfast meals in the U.S. Eating patterns of people; List of quick-service chains in the country; Inclusion of healthy items in the choices offered by the chains. INSET: Breakfast Bites.
- Pouring Profits. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, Special Section p8
Reports on the trends in breakfast beverage of fast food chains in the U.S. Launch of espresso and flavored coffee programs; Percentage of beverage in the sales of the chains; Expansion of the coffee offerings of Dunkin' Donuts.
- The Early Bird Catches the...Burger? // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);08/21/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 136 Issue 8, p56
Comments on the availability of fast food dinner for breakfast at Burger King outlets in Charlotte, North Carolina. Possibility that executives may take the experiment worldwide; Appeal of the experiment to those who do not care for breakfast.
- QSR segment gets the early birds with new breakfast offerings. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;7/10/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p16
The article reports on carried out by quality service restaurants (QSR) in the U.S. QSR's morning meal offerings includes breakfast, snack, and brunch. At present, QSR is experimenting with novel flavors and presentations at morning meal ranging from breakfast pizzas and cheesy potato bites....
- Healthy Picks at the Fast Food Chains. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Presents a chart which shows the nutritional content of various meals found at fast food chains.