Metz Nets Meal Boost
- School feeders mimic chains to keep kids on campus. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p30
Talks about the challenges faced by foodservice feeders in getting kids stay on campus to eat more healthfully at lunchtime in the U.S. Worth of spending of high-school students on retail food purchases; Efforts of the foodservice to attract the attention of both the teen and preteen markets;...
- GAO: School Meal Programs Face Challenges. // Food Management;Jul2003, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on efforts needed to improve school nutrition and meal programs in the United States. Factors affecting schools' ability to address nutrition and obesity concerns; Absence of impact of nutrition on children's behavior; Efforts made by schools to reduce food and labor costs.
- School Food Service 'Computer Exploration Kit' Ledikwe, Jenny; McDonnell, Elaine; Birkenshaw, Pat; Probart, Claudia // Journal of Nutrition Education;May/Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3
Introduces a method for planning school meals to meet the School Meals Initiative for Healthy Children guidelines in the United States. Objectives of the kit; Improvement of attitudes in school food service (SFS); Identification of resources for establishing technology in the SFS operation.
- School Students' Food Services in Primorskii Krai. Shemetova, E. V.; Shchen, N. V. // Russian Education & Society;Oct2009, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p83
The article provides information on a study on the evaluation of the quality of food services of secondary general education schools in Primorskii Krai, Russia. 1,150 students between the ages of 11 and 17, 70 parents, and 45 experts such as school principals and cooks were surveyed in the...
- Ontario schools now trans fat free. // Active Living;Jul2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the new bill passed by Ontario's Legislation which requires food and beverages sold in schools to be free of trans fatty acids. Ontario is also assessing options for setting nutrition standards that comply to the Canada Food Guide for school cafeterias, vending machines,...
- Summer Feeding Programs. // Digest (South Dakota Dietetic Association);May2015, p3
The article focuses on the Summer Food Service Program, the program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) that aims to provide low income children nutritious meals when not in school session in South Dakota. Topics discussed include the plight of the program for support for its summer...
- SCHOOL SODA BANS: GOOD INTENTIONS. Pond, James // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p24
Comments on the efforts of various school districts, state and local governments, and other interested parties in the U.S. to improve the nutritional profile of foods and meals sold and served in schools. Results of studies of several organizations concerning children's health; Influence of...
- Free school meals system needs reform, claims MP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4310, p16
Relates the claims of Helen Jones, the Labor Member of Parliament for Warrington North, regarding the need to reform the free school meals system in Great Britain. Impact of the system on low-income families; Cost of the meal ticket provided to school children.
- A convert to contracting. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/5/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4563, p24
The article focuses on the life, health regimen and occupational success of Jane Bristow, managing director of Sodexo Education in London, England. Bristow is highly remarkable for her advocacy in implementing and promoting nutrient-based food standards in secondary schools because of her belief...