Planning for Crisis
- When disaster Strikes: Prevention is always better than cure, but if the **** hits the fan, how many food manufacturers are truly prepared? Elaine Watson finds out. Watson, Elaine // Food Manufacture;Dec2005, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p52
The article presents guidelines by insurance consultants on ways to handle crisis situation in the food industry in Great Britain. According to insurance consultants, food manufacturers can do much to reduce risk. The losses from fires alone cost the food industry more than Â£350 million...
- Facing a Crisis. Auerbach, Paul S. // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p19
Offers suggestions for using the emergency department (ED) approach in crisis management. Problem solving; Managers' response to a protest on a policy; Importance of critical thinking and improvisation.
- Understanding Crisis Management. NyBlom, Steven E. // Professional Safety;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the role of crisis management planning in all aspects of business. Definition of crisis and crisis management; Goal of crisis management planning; Phases of crisis management planning. INSETS: Communicating in a Crisis;Role of HR in Crisis Management;The Legal Perspective;Crisis...
- Accept Change. FLAHARDY, CATHLEEN // InsideCounsel;Feb2013, Vol. 24 Issue 254, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses reports published within the issue including an advice on crisis management.
- Don't hush up the problem. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the effects of hesitating to discuss a problem for fear of public's panic, according to consultant and social theorist Douglass Carmichael.
- Are You Good in a Crisis? Rovito, Lisa Marie // Positive Thinking;Mar/Apr2008, p78
A quiz about handling crisis is presented.
- Are You Good in a Crisis? Curtis, Patricia // Redbook;Dec99, Vol. 194 Issue 1, p153
Suggests ways on how to cope with various crisis situations.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;4/24/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p145
An excerpt from an article in the "South Broward-North Dade Sun Reporter," regarding an advice on problem solving, is presented.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Food Manufacture;Sep2004, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p5
The article presents information on business development in the field of food industry. Directors of food and drink manufacturers and retailers are taking home a king's ransom while many of their staff are being paid like paupers, according to The Guardian's annual pay survey. However, the gap...