UNH blocks out new plans
- Dish of the day. Bamber, Emily // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/17/2006, Issue 1812, p72
This article presents information on the food items of Valencia, Spain that has remained true to its roots. Variations of the iconic saffron-colored rice dish are served across Spain from the resorts to remote villages and family homes but paella originates here in the Valencia region in a...
- Enjoy a Different Gastronomic Experience at Sambuka. Hernández, Gina M. // Caribbean Business;12/14/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 49, pS15
The article provides information of Sambuka Restaurant & Bar in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico. The restaurant provides a hip atmosphere and has a sitting capacity for 100 person that creatively combine oriental, Arab, Italian and Puerto Rican dishes. It offers two different menus, one for lunch and one...
- Working lunch. // Director;Nov2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p55
Features Jessica's restaurant in Birmingham, England. Location; Type of cuisine served; Dining package offerings.
- WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH FOOD? Street, Julian // Saturday Evening Post;3/21/1931, Vol. 203 Issue 38, p10
Offers observation on the food industry in the U.S. during the 1930s. Importance of wines for cooking and dining; Explanation on the efficiency systems of food accounting; Information on the competition for restaurants in New York and other major cities.
- NEW AND NOTEWORTHY. Raisfeld, Robin; Patronite, Rob // New York;2/14/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p195
Provides information on several restaurants in New York City. Abboccato; Applewood; Babu; Barmarche; BLT Fish; Bombay Talkie; Bottega Del Vino.
- good week/bad week. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/20/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4396, p20
The article presents an update on food service in England as of October 2005. Manners of restaurant diners are improving. Parents at Lucas Vale Primary School oppose to the decision of the school to confiscate junk foods from students. A topless bar was opened in Torquay.
- It Was 30 Years Ago (Part II). Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the significance of onsite food service. The growing financial sophistication of many independent hospitals has made it more difficult to argue that outsourcing food services is in bestinterests. The prediction that non-patient feeding would grow to become the biggest part...
- Use of Fat-Modified Food Products to Change Dietary Fat Intake of Young People. Ellison, R. Curtis; Goldberg, Robert J.; Wirschi, Jelia C.; Capper, Ann L.; Puleo, Elaine M.; Stare, Fredrick J. // American Journal of Public Health;Nov90, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p1374
Food purchasing and preparation practices wert modified in two boarding high schools to increase the polyunsaturated-to-saturated fat ratio (P/S) of the diet of students by changing food products rather than attempting to change eating behaviors. During years when fat-modified products were...
- From Balboa Hop to Ballroom: Latest Pavilion Unveiled. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p38
Reports on developments in dining industry in California as April 2004. Launch of the Harborside Restaurant & Grand Ballroom at the historic Balboa Pavilion in Newprt Beach; Dishes that Yujean Kang prepared at the Yujean Kang's Asian Bistro in South Coast Plaza; Offer of Pinot Provence at its...