Sodexho adds to Indian
- I see your favorite Indian guru's on the move again. // New York;10/25/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p58
Focuses on menu items at Devi, an Indian restaurant in New York City being operated by Indian kitchen consultant Suvir Saran and his partner, veteran Hemant Mathur. Scallop and Manchurian cauliflower; Eggplant pickle; Tandoor-grilled prawns; Okra salad; Rice-lentil cakes.
- Suvir Saran: Demystifying the flavors of India. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;11/8/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p36
Interviews Suvir Saran, co-executive chef of New York-based restaurant, Devi and expert in Indian cuisine. Educational background; Career history of Saran; Factors that influenced Saran's decision to become a chef; Status of the catering business of Saran; Saran's style of cooking; Favorite item...
- OPENING - Star of India. // New York;10/4/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p94
Reports on the work of Suvir Saran as chef of Devi in New York City, a member of the Baluchi's family of restaurants in the United States. Offer of Indian cookery, such as Bombay bhel puri, jackfruit biryani and bruschetta of veal-brain-and-kidney; Information on Saran's book "Indian Home Cooking."
- TASTE MAKER of India. Benes, Robert J. // Chef Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the traditional Indian cooking offered by New Delhi-born, co-executive chef and partner Suvir Saran of Devi in the Union Square in New York City. Saran explains that he would not be cooking today if it had not been for the poor quality of Indian food he found in America....
- INDIAN. Saran, Suvir // New York;5/30/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p61
Presents a menu of Indian dishes prepared by Suvir Saran, with main course cooked over the grill. Lamb Shammi Kebabs with Gren Chutney; Grilled Vegetable-and-Fruit Salad; Pavlova With Fresh Berries; Beverages; Shopping tips.
- OPENING - OUT OF THE BLUE. // New York;4/5/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p84
Says that Indigo Indian Bistro is a restaurant in New York, New York established by New Delhi, India-born chef Gurbux Bhatia. Lighter and brighter than its predecessor Basera; Uncluttered design and sophisticated take on regional Indian cuisine; Lunch buffet; Flavored rice with tamarind, tomato,...
- East-West Kitchen Wisdom. Donnelly, Kristin // Food & Wine;May2008, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p96
The article highlights some of the cooking equipment that chef Suvir Saran of DÃ©vi restaurant in New York City uses to cook Indian cuisine. These include indoor grill and hood, stools, countertops and sinks, ice maker, ceramic pots, pastry table, paint, legume drawer, and mortar and pestle....
- Desi Tadka. Kulkarni, Bhargavi // News India Times;04/20/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p12
The article offers information on the 2nd annual Varli Food Festival held at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea, New York on April 5, 2012, hosted by top chefs Padma Lakshmi and Varli Singh. It mentions that the said festival showcased over 60 Indian restaurants and chefs, who transformed the...
- Keen eye of the Indian guy. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the partnership between Sodexho restaurant and renowned chef Suvir Saran, founder, partner and co-executive chef of Devi Restaurant in New York. to conduct culinary training and business development. The New Delhi-born Saran is a respected food authority and also the...