- Trombositopeni ile Bulgu Veren Akut Hepatit A Enfeksiyonu: Olgu Sunumu. Yıldırım, Zuhal Keskin; Büyükavcı, Mustafa // Journal of Pediatric Infection / Cocuk Enfeksiyon Dergisi;Jun2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p80
Acute hepatitis such as hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, parvovirus, Ebstein-Barr virus can occur with many viruses. Acute hepatitis due to hepatitis A virus in children is a common, usually self-limiting disease with recovery. Although other viral hepatitis forms occur,with extra hepatic...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2b. // Reactions Weekly;5/21/2011, Issue 1352, p30
The article describes the case of a 28-year-old man who developed thrombocytopenia during treatment with peginterferon-Î±-2b for chronic hepatitis C.
- Peginterferon. // Reactions Weekly;8/14/2010, Issue 1314, p34
The article describes the case of a 37-year-old woman who experienced severe thrombocytopenia while receiving peginterferon for chronic hepatitis C.
- Hepatitis C increased risk for immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Jacob, Harry S. // Hem/Onc Today;3/25/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses a study," published in a 2009 issue of "Archives of Internal Medicine," which examined the risk for developing immune thrombocytopenic purpura in patients with hepatitis C.
- IDIOPATHIC THROMBOCYTOPENIC PURPURA DURING INTERFERON-Î±2B TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC HEPATITIS. Murakami, Carol S.; Zeller, Kathleen; Bodenheimer Jr., Henry C.; Lee, William M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1994, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p2244
Presents a case study of severe thrombocytopenia that occurred in patients with chronic hepatitis during interferon treatment. Clinical history of the patients; Management of the disease; Overview of thrombocytopenia.
- THE BURDEN OF CONGENITAL RUBELLA SYNDROME. Cooper, Louis Z. // Vaccines: Preventing Disease & Protecting Health;2004, p53
Information on congenital rubella syndrome (CRS) from a chapter of the book "Vaccines: Preventing Diseases & Protecting Health" is presented. The neonatal manifestations of CRS are identified including thrombocytopenic purpura, hepatitis and radiographic evidence of disturbed bone growth....
- Peginterferon/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;9/22/2007, Issue 1170, p27
The article describes two cases of patients who developed thrombocytopenia while receiving peginterferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C. The patients developed severe thrombocytopenia after receiving peginterferon and ribavirin. The platelet counts of both patients decreased after taking...
- Thombocytopenia (T) in patients with chronic hepatitis C: management with interleukin-11 (IL11). Rangaraj, Venkat; Mendenhall, Charles; Goldberg, Stephen // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS82
An abstract of the article "Thombocytopenia (T) in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis C: Management With Interleukin-11 (IL11)," by Venkat Rangaraj, Charles Mendenhall and Goldberg Stephen is presented.
- Reducing Harm Associated with Anticoagulation. Hursting, Marcie J.; Soffer, Joseph // Drug Safety;2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p203
Argatroban is a hepatically metabolized, direct thrombin inhibitor used for prophylaxis or treatment of thrombosis in heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) and for patients with or at risk of HIT undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). The objective of this review is to summarize...