CDFA Selects Four Finalists for 'Best Issuer' Award
- Should Tax-Free Industrial Revenue Bonds Be Eliminated? // Banking;Sep66, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the concerns regarding a legislation on industrial revenue bonds in the United States (U.S.). Actions taken by the Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service regarding tax-exempt securities; Arguments of bond dealers; Comments from Wilbur Mills, chairman of the House...
- Agency wants to bond. Strahler, Steven S. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/4/95, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p43
Reports on the Illinois Development Finance Authority's (IDFA) plan to seek legislative authority to quadruple the amount of tax exempt bonds it can issue for local school districts. Loses of the IDFA for the 12 months ended in June 1993; Number of employees at the IDFA; Percentage of a...
- L.A. Agency Seeks More Industrial Development Debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p4
Reports on the Los Angeles City Industrial Development Authority's plan to use a study showing the economic benefits of industrial development bonds (IDB) to try and access more of the state's allocation of tax-exempt, private-activity debt. Job created by industrial development bond issues in...
- New York law gives IDAs power to issue bonds for hospitals. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30270, p1
Presents that New York's industrial development authorities (IDA) gained the power to issue bonds for small medical facilities. Significance of the authority to issue bonds to New York's health care sector; Provisions of the law; Impact of the law to health care insurance.
- Virginia Agency to Sell 2nd Senior-Subordinate Infrastructure Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31904, p32
Reports that the Virginia Resources Authority is planning to issue revenue bonds by competitive bid using senior-subordinate debt structure to finance a number of local infrastructure projects in Virginia. Total amount of the bonds; Disclosure on the rating; Schedule of the sale.
- CDFA to Lobby Congress to Accelerate Increased Expenditure Limit for IDBs. Mcconnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p6
The article reports that the Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) will try hard to convince the Congress to approve an increase in the capital expenditure limit for small-issue industrial development bonds (IDB). The CDFA is trying to get the scheduled increase of $10 million to $20...
- MISSOURI: Wells Fargo Bonds Advance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33761, p7
The article offers information that a development credit institute called Missouri Development Finance Board has planned to issue 4.1 million U.S. dollars of bonds for supporting the business expansion plan of Wells Fargo Advisors LLC.
- Okla. Development Authority to Issue $27M for University Equipment. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p32
The article reports that the Oklahoma Development Finance Authority (OFDA) will issue lease revenue bonds in Oklahoma on April 26, 2006. The issuance will mark the 16th time since 2001 that the OFDA has issued lease revenue bonds on behalf of the state's higher education institutions. The bonds...
- Boston's Wentworth Institute to Refund $15M. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32276, p4
The article reports on the refunding of $15.1 million debt with a variable-rate demand bond sale by the Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Development Finance Agency approved the transaction on December 8, 2005. The bond will be marketed by underwriter...