Buffalo Oversight Agency to Sell $27M for City, School Needs
- Supply Surge Prompts Muni Weakness. Scarchilli, Michael; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/17/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33418, p1
The article reports on the impact of the increase in taxable bond supply on the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the authors, the increase has weakened the municipal market, especially with the addition of the 950 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds sold by the Dallas...
- AISD to consider $1.5 million gymnasium bond. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p1
The article announces the plan of Aquilla Independent School District (ISD) in Texas to hold an early voting for its 1.5 billion dollars bond fund election to be held on November 2, 2010.
- Texas: Raising the Roof. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p27
Reports on the approval of general obligation bond issue for the Boerne Independent School District in Texas. Estimated amount of bond funds issued for the school district; Necessity for the issue of bond funds to the school district.
- Texas Voters Face $4.8 billion of Bond Proposals. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;5/7/2015, p29
The article reports that school districts across Texas will test taxpayer support with around $4 billion of bond proposals as legislators deliberate on funding priorities for local governments, with proposals heaviest on areas such as Dallas and Houston. Former school superintendent and founder...
- Voters Turn Down $99M Michigan School District Measure. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p3
Reports the rejection of a bond referendum by the voters in the Royal Oaks School District in Michigan. Resentment of voters to pay for capital improvements for additional students; Sources of funding for school districts; Negative consequence to declining state tax revenue.
- Los Angeles School District to Put $3.35 Billion Bond Measure Before Voters. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31425, p3
Reports the plans of the Los Angeles Unified School District to issue bonds for local school districts in California. Allocation of funds in construction projects; Removal of portable classrooms; Development of early childhood programs.
- L.A.-Area School District to Default on $17 Million of Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p34
Reports the move of the Castaic Union School District to default outstanding special tax bonds sold by a community facilities district in 1992 in California. Purpose and total amount of the tax bonds; Factors causing the unrealized school district projects despite the release on the bonds;...
- MICHIGAN: Lincoln Park Schools Drop. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p9
The article reports on the drop of general obligation bonds issued by the Lincoln Park School District outside Detroit, Michigan from A-minus 30 million dollars to BBB-plus.
- Michigan Sets Taxable $150M Deal To Back School District Debt Service. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;4/12/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33498, p4
The article reports on the move of Michigan government to sell taxable general obligation bonds to finance loans worth 150 million dollars to help cover the debt-service payments of local school districts.