- Munis Finish Short Session Near Day's Lows. Johnson, Anastasija; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p2
The article reports on the unfavorable municipal bond market performance as of Thursday in New York. The technical sell-off in Treasuries exacerbated by a rebound in retail sales, which reinforced expectations for more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board, bear upon the near low level yields...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p36
Presents charts and a graph on bonds and government securities in the United States as of June 21, 2004. U.S. securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market data general obligation yields; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index; Reoffering yields.
- Municipals Weaken Ahead of April Jobs Report as Selling Picks Up Pace. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p2
Reports that municipal bonds weakened in the United States. Effect of the initial report of jobless claims on the bond market; Bond prices and yields; Trading trends.
- Munis, Treasuries Both Reverse Rally as Data Comes in Stronger Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p2
Reports on the growth in municipal bond activity and business conditions in the U.S. in 2004. Indicators of declines in bond prices and increases in yield; Secondary market activity; Trends in government bond market; Market and economic indicators.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p33
Presents statistics on the United States municipal bond market as of August 3, 2005. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch corporate bond indexes; Municipal...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p37
Presents charts and graphs showing bond market indicators in the United States as of November 17, 2004. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Visible supply rises; Municipal market data general obligation yields; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Muni Prices Close Mixed as Primary Quiets Down. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;9/3/2015, p26
The article reports that prices of top-rated municipal bonds in the U.S. had little change when trading closed on September 3, 2015 as the primary market lacked any major bond deal. The yield on the 10-year benchmark municipal general obligation was unchanged at 2.19% on September 2. Also...
- Munis Soft, Seem Pricey Despite Treasury Rally. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/22/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33916, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the fourth week of May 2013. She mentions that the demand of municipal bonds have dropped down as bond issuers have trimmed the prices and raised the yields for attracting investors in the primary...
- Market Post: Munis Outperformance a 'Positive,' Traders Say. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;11/14/2014, p18
The article presents Municipal Market Data's triple-A scale, which showed that municipal (muni) bonds outperformed Treasury bonds in the U.S. in mid-November 2014. Data from Treasury.gov showed that the 30-year Treasury yield stood at 2.92% in October 15, 2014, down from 3.21% on September 30,...