Effects of Enthusiasm Training on Subsequent Teacher Enthusiastic Behavior
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- Student Teachers' Perceptions of Cooperating Teachers' Effectiveness. Brunelle, Jean; Tousignant, Marielle; Pi�ron, Maurice // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Spring1981 Introductory, Vol. 1, p80
The article reports on the study regarding student teachers' perceptions of cooperating teachers' effectiveness. It inquires on what cooperating teachers' behaviors were judged important by student teachers and on which behaviors were perceived by the student teachers as being effective and...
- BEDEN EÄžÄ°TÄ°MÄ° Ã–ÄžRETMEN ADAYLARININ TEMEL PSÄ°KOLOJÄ°K Ä°HTÄ°YAÃ‡LARI. ÜnlÇ, HÇseyin // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p210
The purpose of this study is to assign basic psychological needs of preservice physical education teachers. For this purpose, Basic Psychological Needs Scale has been applied to 223 (113 male, 110 female) preservice physical education teacher. According to acquired verities; from the point of...
- Use of Instructional Statements by Preservice Teachers for Overhand Throwing Performance of Children. Stroot, Sandra A.; Oslin, Judith L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1993, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
The purpose of this study was to (a) determine preservice teachers' ability to use component-specific feedback to influence student performance on the overhand throw and (b) to develop an instrument to record teachers' verbal behaviors concurrent with student performance, Preservice teachers...