Evolution of a Systematic Observation System: The ASU Coaching Observation Instrument
- The effects of instructional self-talk on girl's performance, retention and transfer of dart throwing in late childhood and adolescence. AGHDASI, MOHAMMAD T.; TOUBA, NASRIN // Journal of Physical Education & Sport;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p391
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of instructional self-talk on the performance, retention and transfer of dart throwing in late childhood and adolescence. 100 students were randomly selected (50 students from 9-11 years old and 50 students from 15-17 years old) from...
- Sun Devil Wrestling Adds Travis Pascoe to Coaching Staff. Ryan, Alex // Amateur Wrestling News;9/15/2011, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p28
The article announces the appointment of Travis Pascoe as assistant coach for Arizona State University's wrestling team.
- Arizona State Lands Pendelton as Assistant Coach. // Amateur Wrestling News;9/15/2014, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p26
The article announces that Chris Pendelton, previously head assistant coach at the University of Wyoming, was appointed assistant wrestling coach at Arizona State University.
- A critical need in the professional preparation of physical educators and coaches: A course in... Conn, James H. // Physical Educator;Spring90, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p27
Discusses a plausible rationale for incorporating an undergraduate sport law course into college and university physical education and coaching programs. Reflection on compensation of awards; Social aspects; Parameters of legal duties; Benefits of legal education.
- HERE BELOW. Masin, Herman L. // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar2001, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p4
Presents an update on athletic coaching in the United States as of March 2001.
- Message from the PERFORMANCE SERVICES MANAGING DIRECTOR. Ingram, Doug // Olympic Coach;Winter2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one comparing elite coaches from 1988 to those in 2007 and another by Krista Austin on the practical application of the concepts of heart rate training.
- The Differences in Coaching Behaviors between Individual and Team Sports at College Varsity level. Zeng, Howard Z.; Leung, Raymond W.; Wei Bian; Wenhao Liu // Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation;Nov2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p35
This study examined the differences in coaching behaviors between individual sports (ISs) and team sports (TSs). Participants were head-coaches of ten varsity teams from a college in the USA. Twenty practice sessions (two practices per coach) were videotaped and the Arizona State University...
- Preparing the Coaching Ground. Ramsay, Graham // Coach & Athletic Director;Dec2003, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p18
Presents tips for preparing the coaching ground. Organization; Squad coaching; Personal coaching.
- Moving towards an acceptance of females in coaching. LeDrew, June E.; Zimmerman, Corinne // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the acceptance of females in coaching. Gender bias in the evaluation of females in coaching role; Demographics of high school athletes; Coaching difficulties; Comparison of opportunities with male coaches; Issue on physical strength.