A Model for Teaching Reading in the Physical Education Content Area
- Extra Dose of 9th Grade Reading Said to Help. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;12/10/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p5
The article discusses the Enhanced Reading Opportunities Study, a federal program that tests school curricula. A report entitled "The Enhanced Reading Opportunities Study: Findings from the Second Year of Implementation" reveals that giving extra literacy classes to 9th grade readers increases...
- The relative effects of group size on reading progress of older students with reading difficulties. Vaughn, Sharon; Wanzek, Jeanne; Wexler, Jade; Barth, Amy; Cirino, Paul; Fletcher, Jack; Romain, Melissa; Denton, Carolyn; Roberts, Greg; Francis, David // Reading & Writing;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p931
This study reports findings on the relative effects from a yearlong secondary intervention contrasting large-group, small-group, and school-provided interventions emphasizing word study, vocabulary development, fluency, and comprehension with seventh- and eighth-graders with reading...
- Should Adolescents Go Back to the Basics?: A Review of Teaching Word Reading Skills to Middle and High School Students. Joseph, Laurice M.; Schisler, Rebecca // Remedial & Special Education;May/Jun2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p131
The purpose of this review was to explore the effectiveness of teaching basic reading skills to adolescents. Studies that were published in the past 20 years from 1986 to 2006 were selected and reviewed on the basis of specific criteria for inclusion. Results indicated that there were 23 studies...
- La evaluaciï¿½n alternativa: oportunidades y desafï¿½os para evaluar la lectura. // Revista Mexicana de Investigaciï¿½n Educativa;ene-abr2003, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p67
No abstract available.
- IMPACT OF PSYCHOLINGUISTIC STRATEGY-READING COMPREHENSION AT SECONDARY LEVEL. Ulagammai, S. V.; Fathima, M. Parimala; Mohan, S. // Golden Research Thoughts;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
This study is an attempt to discuss the Impact of Psycholinguistic strategy in Reading Comprehension at Secondary Level. Reading is the process of decoding a set of written symbols that have been assigned linguistic meaning for the purpose of communicating ideas. Children for the purpose of...
- STRUGGLING READERS IN HIGH SCHOOL. Ediger, Marlow // Reading Improvement;Summer2010, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p105
The article discusses several teaching approaches and strategies for improving reading ability and comprehension among struggling readers in the secondary level. It mentions numerous approaches and activities that teachers can use in improving reading competency including the introduction of new...
- Focus reading to learn faster. // Communication Briefings;Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p8
The article offers several guidelines to effective reading and better comprehension, adapted from the book "Extreme Productivity," by Robert C. Pozen.
- Tips for getting an accurate reading level score. // Patient Education Management;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the readability formulas which offers various suggestions to assess the reading grade level of documents and materials.
- Weaving the Threads of LITERACY. Tankersley, Karen // School Administrator;Apr2006, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on measures undertaken by the Park Hill School District in Kansas City to improve the students' reading performance. The core of the reading instruction philosophy at the school district is highlighted. The teacher training and job-embedded learning provided at the school...