The Effect of Planning on the Teaching Behavior of Preservice Physical Education Teachers
- Effects of Interaction Analysis Training on Perceived and Observed Teaching Behaviors. van der Mars, Hans; Mancini, Victor H.; Frye, Patricia A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Spring1981 Introductory, Vol. 1, p57
The article reports on the effects of interaction analysis training on perceived and observed teaching behaviors. The study attempts to determine if training supervision through interaction analysis(IA) were beneficial in making physical education teachers more aware of their classroom behaviors...
- An Introduction to Sequential Behavior Analysis and What It Offers Physical Education Teacher Education Researchers. Sharpe, Tom // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1997, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p368
Examines the use of Sequential Behavioral Analysis (SBA) in determining behavioral differences among physical education teachers. Challenges of using SBA in research and development; Limitations of SBA; List of benefits of SBA.
- A Plan for the Analysis of Teacher-Pupil Interaction in Physical Education Classes. Dougherty IV, Neil J. // Quest (00336297);Jan1971, Vol. 15, p39
The article examines the procedure involved in interaction analysis, a method of objectively recording the verbal interaction between the teacher and his students. The possibility of observer bias is minimized in the classroom observation procedure. It also permits a systematic record of...
- The Structure of Movement Tasks--A Means for Gaining Insight into the Nature of Problem-Solving Techniques. Barrett, Kate R. // Quest (00336297);Jan1971, Vol. 15, p22
The article focuses on the nature of the verbal behavior of teachers as it relates to the use of problem-solving techniques. All teaching strategies which encourage the learner to make personal decisions relative to his behavior are included in problem-solving. Apparent misinterpretation and...
- Educator role as related to practicing teachers: Focusing for the future. Sharpe, Tom // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p95
Studies the role of practicing physical educators. Perceived roles; Educational purposes and physical education orientations; Significance of a consistent philosophy; Characteristics of an exemplary physical educator.
- Psychological Dispositions That Facilitated and Sustained the Development of Knowledge of a Constructivist Approach to Physical Education. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p136
Presents a case study of an in-service elementary physical education teacher. Implementation of a movement approach by the teacher; List of psychological dispositions facilitating the development of the teacher's knowledge; Aspects of teacher thinking.
- Perceptions of Challenging Behavior by Pre-service Physical Educators: A Preliminary Study. Kozub, Francis M. // Physical Educator;Spring2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p104
Provides information on a study that compared the perceptions of challenging behavior in pre-service physical educators following a practicum experience working at an institution that serves learners with severe disabilities. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study;...
- Subject Expertise and Teachers' Knowledge. Schempp, Paul G.; Manross, Dean; Tan, Steven K.S.; Fincher, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p342
Examines the influence of subject matter expertise on the pedagogical content knowledge of physical education teachers. Definition of pedagogical content knowledge; Challenges in student motivation; Differences in curricular selection.
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.