A Multi-Case Study of Teacher Planning in Physical Education
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.
- Examining the Relationships between Students' Implicit Theories of Ability, Goal Orientations and the Preferred Type of Augmented Feedback. Li, Weidong; Solmon, Melinda A.; Lee, Amelia M.; Purvis, Grace; Chu, Hongnan // Journal of Sport Behavior;Sep2007, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p280
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationships between goal orientations, implicit theories of ability, and the type of augmented feedback individuals prefer when trying to learn a skill, with the goal of learning more about how teachers can use feedback to create a task-involved...
- The effects of varying supervisory conferences on pre... McCullick, Bryan A.; Coulon, Stephen C. // Physical Educator;Late Winter98, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p38
Presents information on a study which examines selected elements of the supervisory process during undergraduate teaching practicums of physical education teachers. Methods of the study; Observations; Analysis of study findings.
- Teaching Value-Laden Curricula in Physical Education. Chen, Ang; Ennis, Catherine D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1996, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p338
Research on physical educators' value orientations has identified five orientations: disciplinary mastery, learning process, self-actualization, social responsibility, and ecological integration. An interpretive research design was used to compare the extent to which 2 physical education...
- Measuring Perceived Motivational Climate in Physical Education. Papaioannou, Athanasios G.; Tsigilis, Nikolaos; Kosmidou, Eudoxia; Milosis, Dimitrios // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p236
A new instrument of motivational climate in physical education is presented with the goal of measuring perceptions of teachers' emphasis on mastery, performance--approach, performance--avoidance, and social approval goals. The measure was based on the principle of compatibility, according to...
- Effect of Perceived Sport Competence on Intentions to Exercise Among Adolescents: Mediating or Moderating? Weidong Li; Bo Shen; Rukavina, Paul B.; Haichun Sun // Journal of Sport Behavior;Jun2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p160
The present study examined whether perceived sport competence mediates or moderates the effects of ego goal orientations on intentions to exercise among urban adolescents. Participants were 248 middle school students who completed relevant questionnaires. The regression analyses indicated that...
- Data Collection Techniques Employed in Qualitative Research in Physical Education Teacher Education. Byra, Mark; Karp, Grace Goc // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p246
Describes the use of qualitative inquiry in the journals in which physical education teacher education (PETE) is published in the U.S. Increase in the qualitative research in the area of PETE; Explanation of the data collection techniques; Significance of the journals to educators.
- Evaluation of Physical Education Teacher Preparation Program. Al-Tawil, Hasan // Dirasat: Educational Sciences;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p185
This study aimed at evaluating Physical Education Teacher Preparation Program (PETPP) from the In-Service teachers' perspective. The study sample consisted of (100) Physical Education Teachers (PET) (56 male, 44 female),who graduated from the faculty of Sport Sciences at Mutah University. They...
- Psychological Dispositions That Facilitated and Sustained the Development of Knowledge of a Constructivist Approach to Physical Education. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p136
Presents a case study of an in-service elementary physical education teacher. Implementation of a movement approach by the teacher; List of psychological dispositions facilitating the development of the teacher's knowledge; Aspects of teacher thinking.