An Intensive Study of a Systematic Teacher Training Model in Physical Education
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Using the Teacher Work Sample to Assess the Impact of PETE Program Changes Upon Student Teachers' Performance. Phillips, Carol L.; Marston, Rip E. // Physical Educator;Fall2008, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p146
The effects of Physical Education Teacher Education program modifications upon selected characteristics identified with effective teaching were assessed utilizing the Teacher Work Sample (TWS). Data were collected from all student teacher candidates during the 2002 student teaching sessions....
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- Teachers' Knowledge About and Use of Teaching Models. Cothran, Donetta J.; Kulinna, Pamela Hodges // Physical Educator;Fall2008, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p122
Teacher knowledge is a key to effective teaching. Understanding teacher knowledge can help educators understand teacher practices. It was the purpose of this study to examine teachers ' knowledge about the use of direct, peer, and inquiry teaching models. Thirty-two teachers, representing both...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.