Relationship of Engagement and Practice Trials to Student Achievement
- City to offer swimming lessons through summer. // Breckenridge American;5/7/2008, p12
The article reports that swimming lessons will be offered by the city of Breckenridge, Texas under the instructions of a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor from June through August, 2008. The classes, which will cost $25 per person, will be limited to 30 students per level. The minimum age will...
- Measuring Water Orientation And Beginner Swim Skills of Autistic Individuals. Killian, Kenneth J.; Joyce-Petrovich, Rosemary A.; Menna, Lucille; Arena, Susan A. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1984, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p287
There is little objective evidence to support the belief that swimming is an enjoyable and valuable activity for autistic individuals. In this study, a checklist was used to record the responses of 37 autistic children and youth to water orientation and beginner swim activities. The data...
- Cognitive Development in Young-old Type-2 Diabetes Patients: A Longitudinal Analysis From The â€œInterdisciplinary Longitudinal Study of Agingâ€. Aberle, Ingo; Kliegel, Matthias; Zimprich, Daniel // Current Psychology;Mar2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
In the present study, we investigated cognitive status and cognitive development in young-old Type-2 diabetes patients. Extending previous research, using the sample of the ILSE study (â€œInterdisciplinary Longitudinal Study of Agingâ€), we applied a comprehensive cognitive test battery...
- concrete facts building blocks. // Engineer (00137758);9/20/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7802, p30
No abstract available.
- Just Add Water. // Swim Magazine;May/Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Presents an update on swimming as of May/June 2003.
- Anita Nall on: The Breaststroke Pull-Out. // Swim Magazine;May/Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p30
Reprints the article 'Anita Hall on: The Breaststroke Pull-Out' which appeared in the January-March 2001 issue of 'Swimming Technique' journal.
- THE SELF-COACHED SWIMMER. Grilli, David // Swim Magazine;May/Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p34
Gives advice for preparing for open water swimming.
- Everyday Triumphs. Whitten, Phillip // Swim Magazine;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p4
Points out lessons learned about the personal struggles facing swimmers in competitions.
- Fun in the Desert Sun. Benson, Richard // Swim Magazine;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p28
Presents an article on participating at the 2003 U.S. Masters Swimming Short Course Nationals in Tempe, Arizona.