Patterns of disclosure in child sexual abuse
- Case study: The case with no physical evidence. Billingham, Alana // Investigative Interviewing: Research & Practice;May2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p23
In this article a case study of professional practice is discussed in some detail, where investigators (when interviewing) asked for drawings of suspected crime scenes to be undertaken by witnesses, victims and suspect. It is argued that this deployment of drawings assisted in a significant way...
- Resident documentation of diagnostic impression in sexual... Parra, Juan M.; Huston, Rebecca L. // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1997, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p691
Presents a study which determines whether pediatric residents adequately document their diagnostic impression in child sexual abuse evaluation. Reasons why the documentation in sexual abuse cases is important; Categories of documented physical findings of sexually abused; Criteria for each...
- Women sexually abused as children. Tessier, L.J.Tess' // Second Opinion;Jan92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Examines the spiritual consequences in the life of women who have been sexually abused as children. Author's perspective; Pervasiveness and insidiousness of sexual abuse of children; Wounds of the spirit; Denial; Self and soul; Anger, forgiveness, and God; Depression and grieving; Recovery and...
- Brief-term psychological adjustment of sexually abused children. wagner, William G. // Child Study Journal;1991, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p263
Studies the brief-term psychological adjustment of sexually abused children. Variability in molestation victims' post-abuse adjustment; Demographic information for sexually abused and non-abused children; Subject profiles; Research implications.
- The Church's Child Sex Abuse Crisis in Retrospect. Quinn, David // Studies: An Irish Quarterly;Winter2013, Vol. 102 Issue 408, p415
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of writing column in the Sunday Times newspaper in July 1998, the Irish child protection guidelines to prevent Church's child sex abuse scandals.
- Senator Eric Schmitt files bill to protect Missouri children. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;2/2/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 27, p12
The article reports on U.S. senator Eric Schmitt who has filed a bill requiring the witnesses to a child sexual abuse to report the information to the authorities in Missouri.
- School counselors' roles in cases of child sexual behavior. James, Susan Hackbarth // Professional School Counseling;Feb99, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p211
Discusses the roles of school counselors in cases of child sexual behavior. Developmental sexual behavior of young children; Symptoms of sexual abuse; School counselors' roles; Prevention activities.
- Reporting suspected sexual abuse: A study of counselor and counselor trainee responses. James, Susan Hackbarth; DeVaney, Susan B. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Apr94, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p257
Presents a study on the responses of child counselors and counselor trainees on children's disclosure of sexual abuse. Law requirements for counselors on cases of child abuse; Participants in the study; Hypothetical situations and courses of actions in the study; Limitations of the study.
- Syracuse Report: We Should Have Reported 2005 Molestation Accusations to Police. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p5
The article discusses a report released by the Syracuse University's Board of Trustees in New York, which criticized the school's failure to inform the police about basketball boy Bobby Davis' child molestation allegation against coach Bernie Fine in 2005.