The little one said `roll over'
- Who, what, where. // Hotel & Motel Management;06/16/97, Vol. 212 Issue 11, p77
Provides information on the promotions, resignations and recruitment of several employees in hotel companies. Mark Allen's promotion to director of sales at Francis Hotel; Bob Aldwin's appointment as vice president for the Plasencia Group Incorporated; Valeria Bosi's appointment as hotel...
- Hoteliers say hiring is their toughest job. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p15
Reports that the hotel industry is finding it hard to find competent staff. Reason the hotels can not find employees; Number of interviews it takes before a person is hired; Comments from Barbara Engnath, a human resources director; Probability of a hotel employee quitting his job within a...
- They're the tops. // Lodging Hospitality;May97, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p60
Presents several top performing hotel employees in the United States. Karen Strycharz, concierge of Holiday Inn in Holyoke, Minnesota; Linda Walden, sales representative of the Embassy Suites Downtown in Austin, Texas; Norman Bukofzer, bartender of the Ritz-Carlton New York.
- A clean sweep. Wagner, Grace // Lodging Hospitality;May95, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p38
Informs about the methods used by the Crowne Plaza Manhattan, winner of the 1994 annual Holiday Inn Choice Award for Best Housekeeping, to motivate its housekeeping staffers. Role of the hotel's Executive Housekeeper Susan Adair and Area Director and GM Michael Silberstein in the achievement.
- Vendor news. // Lodging Hospitality;May95, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p66
Informs about personalities from the hotel industry in news as in April 1995. Appointments to senior management positions in several companies in the industry; More.
- Who, what, where. // Hotel & Motel Management;07/21/97, Vol. 212 Issue 13, p48
Provides information on promotions, recruitment and resignation of several employees in hotel industry. Position of Michael Ako at Adam's Mark Daytona Beach in Florida; Appointed position for Donna Bachand at Choice Hotel International's Strategic Partnership department; Promoted position for...
- Invest in employees to prepare for recovery. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;1/11/93, Vol. 208 Issue 1, p13
Urges hotel owners to hire and invest in employees to prepare for the projected economic growth in 1993. Massive layoffs in the 1990s; Employees as corporate assets.
- 'Staff can leave Kuwait.' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/24/2003, Issue 2556, p5
Reports on hotel businesses' decision to allow staff stationed in the Persian Gulf Region to leave the area.
- Dispensing wrong information adds up to poor guest service. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;7/03/96, Vol. 211 Issue 12, p19
Talks about the poor service experienced by the author from hotel employees. Misinformation about lunch schedules from telephone operators; Transfer of calls to another department; Cure for hotel workers which can't answer a guest's question.
- Hotel staff members become a clean green machine. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/2/95, Vol. 210 Issue 17, p25
Presents a photograph of the staff members of Hong Kong-based The Excelsior Hotel during a clean-up drive at the Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter as part of the hotel's Green Committee program.