Hanson builds up brick brand
- HANSON PROMOTES BRICK RECYCLING. // Concrete Products;Sep2010, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the aim of the Hanson Brick to advance sustainability by minimizing land-fill bound construction waste by introducing the Brick Back program in Kentucky, Ontario and Michigan in 2010.
- Natural choice. // Building Design;5/2/2003 Supplement, p14
Introduces the Natural Inspiration guide book to Butterley brick products of Hanson Brick in Great Britain. Guide features; Number of products found in the guide; Contact information.
- Hanson boost bricks. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun2003, p5
Reports that Hanson Brick's Claughton Manor factory near Lancaster, England is increasing its brick production. Aim to keep up orders from Scotland, the Borders and North England; Annual output of the facility.
- Hanson Brick Launches Redesigned Website. // Ceramic Industry;Aug2007, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p38
The article reviews the web site www.na.hansonbrick.com of Hanson Brick.
- Untitled. // Contract Journal;4/30/2008, Vol. 443 Issue 6673, p17
The article reports that Hanson Brick is shutting down its Caernarvon brickworks in Wales in May 2008 with the loss of 50 jobs. Bob Blackman, national secretary of the TGWU section of Unite, said the company attributed the closure to lack of demand. He suggested that this was ironical in view of...
- BRITISH BUILDING MATERIALS GIANT TO BUILD NORTH AMERICAN BRICK BRAND. Rombel, Adam // Global Finance;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the plan of Hanson Brick, a building material firm, to build a national brand for its products in North America. Recognition of the firm as the biggest brick manufacturer in the region; Annual production capacity of bricks by the company; Goal of the firm. INSET: COMPANY SNAPSHOT:...
- Consolidation sets tone distributors, co-ops in 1996. // National Home Center News;06/23/97, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on mergers and acquisitions among building materials distributors and buying groups in 1996. Graph of year-to-year sales change for each industry sector; Percentage of stores in buying groups for two retail segments.
- Striving for relevance to customers, hardlines distributors seek mergers. Keith, Natalie // National Home Center News;06/23/97, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on consolidations among building material wholesalers in 1996. Consolidation of California Hardware and Amarillo Hardware; Orgill Inc.'s acquisitions; Total revenues generated by the industry's 50 largest distributors in 1996; Graph of sales growth rate.
- Barlo push a round-top promise. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov97, p23
Provides information on Hanson Brick of Great Britain. Result of the its takeover bid of Desimpel company; Features of the bricks produced by Desimpel; Information on marketing strategy of its sister brand, Butterley company; Included in the products that the company will offer for 1997 fall.