A balloon for any occasion
- First ever Earth orbiting balloon. Brown, S.F. // Popular Science;Oct90, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p67
Reports that a three-man crew will soon climb into the spacecraft-like pressurized capsule of a strange double balloon called `Earthwinds' and attempt to smash all balloon distance and duration records by circling Earth nonstop. Project details;Crew; Design of `Earthwinds.' INSET: Catching the...
- Smokey in the sky. Westenberger, Jane // American Forests;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 100 Issue 1/2, p46
Reports on the International Balloon Fiesta event in Albuquerque on October 2, 1993. Fire-prevention as theme; Organization of the Friends of Smokey Bear Balloon; Call for local event participation.
- Explain this! // Science World;9/15/95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p28
Asks readers of the periodical `Science World' to explain the principles behind the bursting of a balloon.
- Tourism. // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb94, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p59
No abstract available.
- The earthwinds. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/3/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the attempt of the three-man crew of the Earthwinds balloon to fly nonstop around the world. Plans call for the double balloon to depart from Akron, Ohio, this month, travel along the 45th to 50th parallels around the globe and land east of Akron, covering about 1,800 mi. per day. ...
- Bagging it. Garvey, W. // Flying;Oct89, Vol. 116 Issue 10, p8
A pilot finds that ballooning has a culture, pace, and purpose unlike that of most of aviation.
- Hot air rising. Milligan, Michael // Travel Agent;8/29/94, Vol. 272 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on hot air balloon tours. Accessibility; Unpredictability of its itinerary; Air time; Features; Advantages; Companies offering balloon tours. INSET: High-flying sightseeing tours..
- Full of hot air. Strong-Aufhauser, Lisa // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p28
Highlights the 1996 Kodak Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Assembling of the balloon parts.
- Nursing mums make high flying friend. Hammond, Jody // Australia's Parents;Aug95, Issue 86, p62
Looks at the organization of `Marti's Balloon Fiesta' by Balloon Aloft which was hosted by businessman Frank Hackett-Jones. Description and symbolism of event; Hackett-Jones participation in event. INSETS: Every baby's birthright.;Breastfeeding in the workplace..