Wembley host to `lads' show
- A country at war with itself. Broinowski, Anna // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/8/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5982, p30
Reports on the thriving underground or counter culture in Japan, which demolishes the myth of the conforming Japanese. Incorporation of the escape-valve mechanism into society to satisfy the private desires; Biking clans; Working-class punk music scene.
- Introduction. Limits, Thresholds, Frontiers: Gothic Unbound. Byron, Glennis; Saggini, Francesca // Textus;Sep-Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
The article introduces the September 2012 issue of the journal "Textus" which focuses on the expansive frontiers of the Gothic and its multiple, evolving discourses and practices.
- Socialization into an avocational subculture. Leonard II, Wilbert M. // Journal of Sport Behavior;Sep91, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p169
Explores the socialization process as it applies to the participants in an avocational subculture. Residing of interest in the nature of social structures and social processes; Application of the social learning orientation as a theoretical backdrop; Analysis of individual and social system...
- CURRENT RESEARCH ON SUBCULTURES AND LOW-INCOME CONSUMERS. Sturdivant, Frederick D. // Advances in Consumer Research;1974, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p126
Introduces a series of articles on subcultures and low-income consumers, published in the January 1974 issue of "Advances in Consumer Research."
- Calling All Hipsters. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/20/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 57, p14
The article offers information on the arrival of Hipsters, a subculture of men and women typically in their twenties, to Austin, Texas.
- Iraq: investigate 'emo' attacks. // Windy City Times;3/21/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on a call by the Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) for the government of Iraq to immediately investigate and bring to justice people targeting Iraqi youth seen as belonging to the non-conformist...
- In black and pathless woods. Dunea, George // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/8/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6359, p129
Focuses on the prevalence of immemorial suicide in adolescents in the United States. Problems encountered in evaluating mortality statistics; Relation of subcultures with suicide and homicide; Influence of social factors in suicide mortality.
- Farewell, my lovelies. Draper, Robert // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p244
Deals with the subculture of castration in the United States. Motives for undergoing castration; Difficulty of locating experienced physicians or `cutters' who perform castrations; Cost; Dr. Felix Spector's reputation as the leading performer of castrations.
- Goths for Jesus. McBride, Jason E. // Christian Century;07/08/99, Vol. 116 Issue 21, p734
Describes the lifestyle of people who belong to the Christian Goth. Culture of the Christian Goth; Festival held by the Christian Goth in New York; Highlights of the festival; Music of the Goth.