People In The News
- Sheehan Moves To Ingram Books. Zeitchik, Steve // Publishers Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the appointment of Dan Sheehan as director of national accounts at Ingram Book Group as of November 10, 2003. Responsibilities of Sheehan at Ingram Book Group; Career background.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the appointment of David Roth-Ey as vice president, editorial director of Harper Perennial and Harper trade paperbacks.
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p6
Career developments involving executives in HarperCollinsPublishers are discussed. Cristina Gilbert was named senior director of marketing. Mary Alibi was named director of marketing.
- What Becomes an Editor Most? Feldman, Gayle // Publishers Weekly;6/30/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 26, p47
Features Larry Ashmead, retired book editor for Harper Collins. Educational background; Career background; Contributions to Harper Collins. INSET: Kudos from Michael Korda.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;6/19/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p6
Career developments involving employees in the U.S. publishing industry are discussed. Virginia Stanley was appointed as the new director of the Academic & Library Marketing at HarperCollins Publishers Inc. and will be reporting to Diane Burrowes. Christine Carswell was named publisher at...
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;9/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the appointment of Kristine Macrides as associate director of marketing for Avon Brooks, Harper paperbacks, Avon Trade and HarperLuxe of the HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. Macrides will be reporting to the company's vice president and director of marketing, Adrienne...
- People In the News. // Book Publishing Report;4/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Appointment of Libby Jordan as associate publisher for Morrow Cookbooks, while remaining senior vice president and associate publisher at HarperCollins Publishers; Promotion of Lisa...
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;7/24/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p6
The article presents the career development and an obituary of notable people. Mary Schuck was appointed as vice president, creative director overseeing Harper Paperbacks, Ecco, and Amistad. She will report to Michael Morrison, the HarperCollins associate publisher. It presents an obituary of...
- IT'S ALL IN THE BOOK. MacBride, Elizabeth // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, pW15
The article presents information on Jane Friedman, the head of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. Friedman, who began her career as a typist at Dictaphone Corp., was an executive with Alfred A. Knopf Inc. before taking the top spot at HarperCollins in 1997. Friedman, known for having her finger on...