Bond Research Shakeout Continues
- Looking for relative value in a Basel II world. McGeer, Bonnie // Asset Securitization Report;10/11/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p28
Reports on Morgan Stanley & Co. researchers' release of a report in the week prior to October 11, 2004, predicting that highly rated asset-backed securities will benefit most under Basel II. Impact of Basel II on spreads in the fixed-income market; Steep increase shown by Triple-B corporate...
- First Quarter Sees Investment Bank Comeback. K. L. // High Yield Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p1
The article focuses on the standing of investment banks for the first quarter of 2006. Citigroup Inc. is on the number one spot securing 16.1 percent market share and followed by Credit Suisse Bank with 11.9 percent market share. Banc of America Securities LLC dropped to number three rank as...
- HIGH YIELD BOND FUND PERFORMANCE. // Leveraged Finance News;11/4/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 42, p10
A table is presented which provides information on the performance of high yield funds in the U.S. from December 31, 2012 to October 30, 2013, including one from Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., one from iShares, and one from Lord Abbett.
- IPF forecast too optimistic, says bank. // Estates Gazette;6/14/2008, Issue 823, p44
The article reports that Morgan Stanley has criticised the industry's forecast of a 1% fall in capital values for 2009 as too conservative. The investment bank's real estate team is instead predicting a 5.8% drop in capital values for 2009, and warned that this may have to be cut further. The...
- Morgan on slippery market slope. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Reports on a decline in the investment banking market share of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and Co. in 2000. Position among underwriters for all equity offerings in the fourth quarter of 2000; Earnings in the fiscal fourth quarter ended November 30, 2000; Questions about the wisdom of the merger...
- Morgan Stanley's Outlook Appears Weak to Wall St. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;5/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 86, p20
Reports on the uncertainty over investment bank Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s ability to meet its 2001 second-quarter earnings per share estimate in light of the spring season's market slump. Expectation of some weakness on the retail side of the business; Performance of bank stocks on May...
- Morgan Stanley to cut 1,600 jobs globally. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;1/10/2013, p16
The article reports on the financial services firm Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. to layoff 1,600 jobs in its investment banking business.
- Morgan Stanley to Lend From Its Balance Sheet. Sherman, Jay // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p9
Reports the competition of investment bank Morgan Stanley with commercial banks in New York, New York. Pressures provided by commercial banks; Establishment of investment-grade loans; Role of chairman Philip Purcell in preserving relationships with corporate clients.
- HOW TO GET AHEAD IN INVESTMENT BANKING. // Management Today;Dec2003, p16
This article presents tips on how to get ahead in investment banking. Get onto an internship, then a graduate traineeship with an investment bank such as Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch or Morgan Stanley. Most investment bankers are at their desks by 7am and work for 12 hours. High-flying...