M&A Wave Sweeping Through E&P Sector
- Acquiring a business? Work with the broker. Marlor, Bradley G. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p8
Discusses the factors to consider in acquiring a business. Questions to ask before inquiring about a business; Steps in buying a business; Role of brokers in business acquisitions.
- Acquisitions of bankrupt assets Jory, Surendranath R.; Madura, Jeff // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p748
Abstract: Buyers of bankrupt assets could be penalized because of uncertainty about the value of such assets given their poor performance, and the absence of a guarantee offered by bankrupt estates. On the other hand, they could be rewarded if imperfections in the market for bankrupt assets...
- Barclays No-Show in Bid for Asian Firm. // American Banker;5/25/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 100, p5
This article discusses the sale of a controlling share in LG Card Co., South Korea's second-largest credit card issuer, in relation to London, England-based banking firm Barclays PLC. Analysts were surprised when Barclays' representatives did not show up for the presentation and interview with...
- FORM: Instructions, IRS Form 8594, Asset Acquisition Statement. // Complete Guide to Selling a Business;2012, pF18
The article offers information on Form 8594, an asset acquisition statement under section 1060 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It mentions the purpose of the form, that should be attached with the income tax return and describes various terms used in the form which include trade,...
- Capitalizing on capital. Morey, Scott // Journal of Property Management;sep/oct2005, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the best use of capital in the real estate business. Arrangement of deals through acquisitions by most real estate companies; Evolution of financing in the business; Development and acquisition of assets.
- Ihlas Holding A.S. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2011, Special section p1
A profile of Ihlas Holding A.S., also known as Ihlas Holding JSC, is presented. Based in Turkey, the company focuses on the acquisition, management, evaluation and sale of shares in domestic and foreign companies. Enver Oren is Ihlas's chairman of the board. Financial information on Ihlas...
- GE in talks to buy Haslemere stake. // EuroProperty;2004, p4
Dutch investment company Haslemere NV has announced that its main shareholders are in discussion with GE Real Estate regarding a possible sale of their stakes. On April 20, 2004 Haslemere, which operates mainly in Great Britain, posted a net profit of Â£1.7m for the first quarter of 2004, up...
- LandSec buys LxB for Â£360m. // Estates Gazette;6/18/2005, Issue 524, p48
Reports on the acquisition of supermarket investor LxB by Land Securities. Estimated profit to be gained by LxB from the move; Terms of the acquisition.
- United Rentals Acquires Handy Rent-All Center. // Rental Equipment Register;Apr2006, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the acquisition of rental and sales assets of Handy Rent-All Center by United Rentals in March 2006. Estimated annual revenue of Handy; Benefits of the acquisition to United; Background on the acquired company.