Bond insurers' earnings increase for fourth quarter and year-end of 1997
- Late News. // Business Insurance;8/5/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p1
Reports developments related to insurance industries in the U.S. Distribution of 700 million shares of Travelers Property Casualty Corp. by the Citigroup Inc.; Decrease buying of liability insurance by large commercial policyholders; Decline in the net income of CIGNA Corp. for the first six...
- LARGEST BUSINESS-INSURANCE AGENCIES Ranked by 2001 revenue. Lessard, Raelyn; Marks, Anne // Crain's Detroit Business;12/30/2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p82
Lists several business-insurance agencies in Michigan that are ranked according to revenue generated in 2001. Addresses of the agencies; Revenues of the agencies in 2000 and 2001; Number of employees of the agencies in the U.S.
- Insurance brokers see revenue, jobs increase. Colon, Marisa Osorio // Orange County Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p47
Reports on the financial performance of insurance brokers in Orange County, California, during the 12 months ended June 30, 1998. Total increase in revenue; J&H Marsh & McLennan Inc.'s completion of a deal to merge with London, England-based Sedgwick Group of California; Companies included in...
- Life, health insurers' operating profits drop. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/23/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the financial performance of life and health insurance companies in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Operating profits of the company; Increase in capital gains; Capital and surplus. INSET: The weak and the strong.
- 2003 profits surge 189 percent for U.S. P&C insurers. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/12/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p30A
Reports on a survey on profits of property and casualty insurance companies in the U.S. in year 2002. Reduction of the underwriting loss of the industry; Increase of capital gains for insurance companies.
- British Issues. // Business Insurance;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p39
Presents a chart showing the price per earnings of insurance companies in Great Britain as of March 17, 2000.
- FNIS Earns $15.3MM On a Net Basis. // National Mortgage News;8/4/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the corporate profit of Fidelity National Information Solutions (FNIS) Inc. in Santa Barbara, California. Increase of revenue; Contribution of data and valuations to earnings; Merger between FNIS and Fidelity National Financial.
- Many firms show gains in first nine months of 2000. // Business Insurance;11/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p35
Reports on the financial performance of insurance companies in the United States for the first nine months of 2000. Increase in the net income of American International Group Inc.; Net income increase posted by Chubb Corp.; Commission and fee revenue increases of Hilb Rogal & Hamilton Co.
- NOT ENOUGH COVER TO KEEP OUT THE RAIN. McAuliffe, Henry // Accountancy;Jun89, Vol. 103 Issue 1150, p24
Focuses on insurance policyholders who boost insurance company profits through laziness and inefficiency. Experiences of a finance director of a small public company.
- P-C Execs Bullish On Growth. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/20/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 47, p1
Provides information on the financial results of publicly traded property-casualty insurance companies in the United States for the third quarter of the year 2000. Comparison of insurance underwriting and production between 1999 and 2000; Details on the increase of reinsurance rates; Forecast...