Mutual funds kept up their march in 1997, growing to $4.5 trillion in assets
- Educate customers better, execs are told. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;5/20/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 97, p12
Reports on the warning sounded off by speakers at the 1994 annual Investment Company Institute conference to mutual fund company executives. Concern over consumers' lack of understanding of the risk of investing; Insufficiency of companies' effort to improve their marketing materials according...
- Why the Mutual Fund Gang Is in Love With Itself. Nocera, Joseph // Fortune;6/26/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p26
Comments on the 1995 convention of the Investment Company Institute, the trade group for the mutual fund industry. The enthusiasm displayed at the convention because of the mutual fund industry's expected growth; Opinion that the baby boom generation will buy more mutual funds as they begin to...
- VON ALDO: ICI Mutual Fund Flow Data Show Investors Selling at Wrong Time. Geracioti, David A. // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;5/3/2012, p4
The article offers information on the mutual fund asset flows dating back to 2007 compiled by the Investment Co. Institute.
- ICI takes up Levitt's suggestions on enhancing mutual fund oversight. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p7
Reports that Investment Company Institute's plan to make mutual fund companies more accountable to their shareholders in the United States. Benefits that investment companies will get from the proposal.
- ICI results too good to be true: Funds gains for August overstated. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30241, p50
Reports on the analysis by the Investment Company Institute of the municipal bond mutual fund market in the United States for the third quarter of 1997. Inflow of investments for tax exempt funds; Value of the market's growth; Viability of tax-exempt funds inspite of an influx of trust conversions.
- ICI Report. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;02/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30577, p8
Focuses on the asset gains of money market mutual funds in the United States as of February 3, 1999 according to Investment Company Institute.
- Half Full or Half Empty? Welsh, James // On Wall Street;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p26
Offers an assessment of mutual funds in 1998, discussed in the 1999 Investment Co. Institute's annual meeting. Growth of mutual fund assets; Comments from John Brennan, chairman of the Vanguard Group; Increase of net cash flow into equities.
- FUND FOCUS. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Oct2001, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p19
Presents news on mutual funds in the United States as of October 2001. Details on distribution challenges faced by mutual fund companies; Reason for the layoff of wholesalers by mutual fund companies; Review made by Investment Company Institute of its reporting methodologies.
- und Assets Up 7% In a November Tally . // American Banker;1/7/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p7
Reports on 7% rise in stock prices of mutual fund assets in November 2001 in comparison to October 2001, according to Washington-based mutual fund industry's trade organization Investment Company Institute. Sales of stock funds, hybrid funds and taxable bond funds in the month of November.