Tax credit's rebirth may bolster Puerto Rico's economy
- Historic restoration could get a tax credit. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/13/97, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p7
Focuses on the implications of the bill passed by the United States House in October, 1997, that could provide a single-business-tax credit to developers who rehabilitate or restore historic residences. Information on the bill, sponsored by Kirk Profit.
- ITC tests applicable to depreciation periods. // Practical Accountant;Sep97, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p24
Reports that tests developed under prior laws for investment tax credit are applicable for tangible property. How a disputed property item would be qualified.
- THE INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT: Conflict and accounting error. Cramer Jr., Joe J.; Schrader, William J. // Business Horizons;Feb70, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p85
Despite diversity of opinion within the accounting profession, substantial authoritative support exists for two conflicting alternatives for disposition of the investment tax credit. These are the flow-through to income method and the deferral method. The alternatives are, however, inconsistent...
- N.Y. offers tax credits for technology purchases. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;05/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30392, p36
Details the investment tax credit program offered to securities firms in New York.
- Early-stage investors can apply for new state tax credit. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p2
The article offers information on the small-business investment tax credit in Michigan signed into law in December 2010.
- Inner-city rehab work grow; funding lags. Calabrese, Dan // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/6/95, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1
Reports on Grand Rapids Building Reuse Corp.'s identification of how it can use Tax Increment Financing Authority funds and flexibility in the Americans with Disabilities Act to rehabilitate inner city buildings. Question on whether the Downtown Development Authority will contribute part of tax...
- The Unemployed-Our Hidden Assets. Nepkie, Edward R. // Business Horizons;Apr78, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on the implementation of human investment tax credit plan designed for the unemployment and welfare problems in the United States. Challenges in human resource utilization; Investments on manpower programs; Provision of tax incentives for employers.
- Taxation. // Serbia & Montenegro Country Review;2009, p91
The article provides information on investment taxation in Serbia and Montenegro, which include corporate tax, payroll tax, and capital gains tax.
- California investment tax credit's wrinkles need pressing. Brown, Kenneth C. // Outlook;Winter94, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p48
Reports on the need for adjustment to the California investment tax credit provision. Key provisions intended to keep California be more competitive with other states; Clarification needed on new aspects of provision; Controversies; Author's views on provision.