Allegations prompt probe into California bond deals
- Calif. liquidation division under fire. Knowles, Robert G. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/16/94, Vol. 98 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on the report of California State Auditor Kurt Sjoberg in the state insurance department office. Expenditure of division funds on questionable items; Dubious practices of the Liquidation and Conservation Division.
- Calif. dept.'s liquidation division comes under fire. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/16/94, Vol. 98 Issue 20, p1
Reports on California State Auditor Kurt Sjoberg's audit of the Liquidation and Conservation Division of the state insurance department. Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi's comments; Review of the division's operations; Management of salaries and promotions; Budget irregularities.
- State auditor to review UCSF Stanford. Rauber, Chris // Modern Healthcare;07/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p18
Reports that the UCSF Stanford Health Care has agreed to a review of its finances by California auditor Kurt Sjoberg. What prompted the auditor's office to threaten system executives with subpoenas and possible criminal charges; History of UCSF Stanford; Why the system was not in much of a...
- Auditor blasts California insurance department. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/9/94, Vol. 98 Issue 19, p6
Reports on allegations against the California insurance department that it inadequately managed a contract with the private computer company that handled the controversial California Residential Earthquake Recovery program. Report from the state legislature's top auditor Kurt Sjoberg; Criticism...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.