Utah Transit Mulling $895M GO Election for Light-Rail Lines
- TRANSPORTATION. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/28/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the opening of the new West Valley International Transit Hub by the Utah Transit Authority on September 17, 2009. The MAX bus rapid transit is one of the multiple bus routes served by the hub. It is indicated that the hub is the western terminus for the West Valley TRAX...
- UTA to expand transit parking at 1300 South. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/14/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the Utah Transit Authority's expansion of transit parking at 13000 South.
- TRANSPORTATION. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/26/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p17
The article reports on the decision of the Utah Transportation Authority (UTA) to reduce transit fares starting on April 1, 2009 by lifting both fuel surcharges implemented in 2008 in an attempt to resolve the problem of increasing fuel prices. The UTA based its fare rates on the average diesel...
- Only the riders have changed. Walker, Sam // Christian Science Monitor;11/25/97, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p3
Looks at the elevated railroad in Chicago, Illinois. How, after a century, it remains a cherished, if noisy, icon; Historic observations; Statistic on riders; Viability of the L which remains inextricably linked to the city's neighborhoods and its downtown business climate.
- The 'Hardware' Gap in Urban Transport. Smerk, George M. // Business Horizons;Spring66, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the problems of urban transportation in the United States. Improvements in the quality of urban mass transport; Production of an expedited service to lessen travel time consumption; Importance of bus services on the urban transportation system.
- Let's move on transportation. // Crain's Detroit Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p8
Points out the need to eliminate the decades-old gridlock that has blocked improvement in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan's mass transit system and infrastructure. Necessity of regional cooperation; Proposal to levy a tax on services to fund a regional transit authority.
- VIEWPOINT. // Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the strategic plan adapted by the Metropolitan Transit Development Board to improve the services offered by transit agencies in San Diego, California. Objective of the plan; Example of the needs of riders; Importance of knowing the needs and wants of riders.
- Lighten up. Kivlehan, Noella Pio // Estates Gazette;5/11/2002, Issue 219, p105
Reports on the planned light rapid transit system in Bristol, England. Extent of the line; Confusion and fear surrounding the system; Benefits of the scheme.
- Managerial Decision-Making Criteria in Urban Mass Transit. Horn, Kevin H. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Summer78, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Discusses the changing structure and performance in the U.S. transit industry. Goals and decision-making criteria followed in the local transit; Hypothesized performance measures of transit services; List of survey respondents; Ranking of the utilization of hypothesized measures of transit...