MBIA Sees Public Finance Premiums Drop 66% in 1st Quarter
- Exemption from the Property Tax in California. Stimson, Claude W. // California Law Review;Mar1933, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p193
Focuses on the exemption from the property tax in California. Extent of exemption; History of tax exemption in the U.S.; Reasons for granting exemption from taxation.
- ON THE DISTRIBUTIONAL IMPLICATIONS OF MORTGAGE REVENUE BONDS AND CREATIVE FINANCE. Durning, Dan; Quigley, John M. // National Tax Journal;Dec85, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p513
The presumed benefits of below-market mortgage financing have been used to justify tax-exempt mortgage revenue bond financing and other government policies. This paper analyzes the extent to which the benefits of below-market mortgage finance are reflected in variations in housing prices. The...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p33
Presents charts depicting government bonds; short-term tax-exempt yields; securities prices and other market indicators in the U.S.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p29
The article presents charts related to the U.S. market statistics. The charts depict market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, visible supply rises, municipal market data total returns and reoffering yields. The charts are published in the October 26, 2004 issue of...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;10/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33988, p20
The article presents several statistics related to the financial market of the U.S. including short term tax exempt yield, market indicators and prices of securities.
- MBIA Reports 15% Growth in Net Income for First Half. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p44
Reports the net income growth of MBIA Inc. in the first six months of 2002 in the U.S. Stability of the second-quarter net income; Decrease in the adjusted direct premiums in the global public finance business; Consistency of the first-half reported numbers with long-term profitability.
- MBIA Announces 7% Drop in Net Income Last Quarter. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p36
Reports on the decline in the net income of MBIA Inc. Earnings; Assessment of adjusted direct premiums; Domestic public finance.
- Moody's Eyes Dropping NPFG, MBIA Inc. and MBIA Corp. SLAVIN, ROBERT // Bond Buyer;11/20/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33816, p5
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service will consider downgrading bond insurer National Public Finance Guarantee Corp., parent-company MBIA Inc. and sister-company MBIA Corp.
- LOUISIANA: Lawmakers Eye Loopholes. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/10/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33465, p9
The article reports on the plan of lawmakers in Louisiana to consider the revenue lost through a multitude of state tax exemptions in balancing the budget for fiscal 2012.