John Muir's Affirmations
- Ohio Community Hospital Junked. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;11/23/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's stripped Ohio-based Alliance Community Hospital of its investment grade rating based on revised stand-alone, acute-care hospital criteria.
- S&P: Hospital credit ratings gaining stability; non-profits still lagging. // AHA News;01/28/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's to hospitals. Overview of ratings given to not-for-profit and for-profit hospitals; Reasons for the inability of not-for-profit hospitals to stabilize their operations.
- S&P Hits N.Y.'s Mount Sinai, Catholic Health Services With Downgrades. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p32
Reports on Standard & Poor's decision to downgrade the credit ratings of two hospitals in New York. Downgrading of Mount Sinai NYU Health Obligated Group's rating; Effect of the downgrade on bonds issued for the health care providers by the New York State Dormitory Authority.
- MINNESOTA: Northfield Now Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33563, p7
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has revised its outlook to positive from stable on low investment-grade rating of BBB-minus of Northfield Hospital in Minnesota.
- Illinois' Blessing Hospital Outlook Improved. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/8/2014, p34
The article reports the move by ratings firm Moody's Investors Service as of late 2014 to upgrade its outlook on Blessing Hospital's A3 rating to positive from stable due to the solid growth on its investments.
- Rating Agencies. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p6a
Presents news briefs pertaining to selected rating agencies' outlook for hospitals in the United States for the year 2001. Standard & Poor's; Moody's Investors Service; Fitch.
- MONEY TALK. Betbeze, Philip // HealthLeaders Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p54
The article focuses on the credit ratings of some hospitals in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service upped the rating of Princeton, West Virginia-based Princeton Community Hospital to B2. Standard & Poor's downgraded the rating of Sharon, Pennsylvania-based Sharon Regional Health System to BBB+...
- Nonprofits Should Worry Less About Rating Changes, Panelists Say. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/31/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32745, p6
The article provides reasons why there is a need for nonprofit hospitals to be concerned about the impact of possible rating changes on their capital in the U.S. Despite the growing credit gap between large and smaller-sized nonprofit providers, larger organizations are frequently better...
- Michigan Hospital Takes Issue With Moody's Downgrade. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p38
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s downgrade of the rating of Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital in Michigan to below investment grade. Reaction of hospital officials to the downgrade; Moody's reasons for maintaining a negative outlook for the hospital; Bonds issued by the hospital affected...