Bond Buyer Indexes Flat or Higher; 1-Year Note Yield Highest in 5 Years
- Yield Indexes Mostly Up on Favorable Economic Data. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31738, p36
Reports on the increase of 'The Bond Buyer' municipal bond indexes in New York City. Reason for the increase; Impact of the observance of Yom Kippur on the drop off in market participation; Basis points of yields due to increased trading; Sale of the city's multi-million dollar short-term...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p2
Presents news items related to bonds in the U.S. as of August 22, 2003. Applications for state unemployment benefits in Washington; Percentage increase in the index of economic indicators; Auctions of discount bill by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Increase; Revenue Bond Near 5%. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p39
Reports on the increasing bond yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" amid concerns of future inflation and rate hike in the U.S. Factors influencing the trend; Improvement of municipal and government bonds on gains in oil prices; Number of basis points risen by the revenue bond index.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p36
Presents statistics related to bond market in the U.S. as of August 22, 2003. Market indicators; Short term tax-exempt yields; Bond buyer indexes.
- A Volatile Swap Index. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p1
The article reports on the volatility in the former Bond Market Association Muni Swap Index has been comfortable, predictable reality for short-term investors. The volatility is the increased presence of price-sensitive institutional clients in the portfolios of short-term money funds that use...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Rise for Second Consecutive Week. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p40
Reports on the increase in the Bond Buyer indexes in the U.S. Influence of oil price increase on bond markets; Price of the bonds sold by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority; Percentage of the revenue bond index.
- Preference for high-yield bonds. // Fund Strategy;10/22/2012, p1
The article discusses on Jim Leaviniss, manager of the M&G Global Marco Bond funds and Julian Marr director of Adviser-hub, which discusses fund industry and global investors bonds, which focuses on the percentage growth of business, including positive china, Peru, and negative investors...
- Most Yield Indexes Decline as FOMC Decision Wipes Out Early Losses. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32496, p6
The article reports that most yield indexes in the U.S. declined in October 2006, as Federal Open Market Committee decision wipes out early losses. The 20-bond index of GO yields fell three basis points to 4.30 percent, its lowest level since October 5, 2006, when it was 4.25 percent. The...
- Evidence of the Market Value of Me-First Rules. Brauer, Greggory A. // Financial Management (1972);Spring83, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
This article examines the impact of wealth transfer rules on the market values of bonds based on the case of the Sunshine Mining Company. Both before and after being adjusted to avoid the potentially confounding influence of their different terms-to-maturity and coupon payment dates, the...