D.C. Mayor Approves Conditional WMATA Funding Bill
- What can we learn from this? Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Jul2009, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p4
The author reflects on lessons learned from the train control system failure of Washington Metro's Red Line that caused several deaths and serious injuries in June 2009. The author cites the initial findings of investigators at the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). The author explains...
- Gay community liaison elevated to mayor's cabinet. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/23/2006, Issue 948, p31
The article reports on the bill signed by mayor Anthony A. Williams that elevates the director of the office of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender affairs to his cabinet in Washington D.C. The mayor has established the office to advice him on policy issues. The office was formerly part of...
- Petition Forgeries Cost D.C. Mayor A Fine And Force Him To Conduct Write-In Campaign. // Jet;9/2/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on Washington, D.C. mayor Anthony Williams, who was ordered to pay a fine due to fraudulent signatures on his nomination petitions.
- Anthony Williams Wins Big In D.C. Democratic Mayoral Primary. // Jet;10/7/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the victory of Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony A. Williams in the city's 2002 Democratic Mayoral Primary.
- D.C. Agency Sees $2.8B Virginia Vote as Crucial to Metro Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p4
Reports the reliance of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority on the passage of the bond initiative on the November ballot in Virginia. Expansion on Metro subway service; Bond provision on the ballot.
- CAPITAL WATCH. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p4
Presents developments in the U.S. bond market as of November 2002. Meeting of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's board of directors to decide on the approval/modification of a multi-billion dollar plan to expand Metro subway service and improve transportation infrastructure in...
- NORTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Vadum, Matthew; McDonald, Michael; Braun, Martin Z.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p31
Reports developments on the United States bond market as of October 2001. Details on the planning process of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority; Appointment of Michael Shepherd and Vance Bowman as Camden County building inspector and democratic committeeman; Resignation of Louis R....
- ESCALATOR PROJECT RECEIVES APTA AWARD. // Elevator World;Sep2007, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p39
The article announces that the escalator modernization project of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority has received the first Transit Elevator and Escalator Project of the Year Award from the American Public Transportation Association.
- WMATA TO ACCELERATE ESCALATOR REPAIRS. // Elevator World;Nov2011, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p28
The article reports that the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) is accelerating the repair of Metro escalators at various stations in Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland.