California Lobbyists Submit Signatures for $5.4 Billion Parks Bond Vote
- The Greening of James Watt. Shute, Nancy // National Review;8/5/1983, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p924
This article considers the growing presence of environmental lobby groups in the U.S. as of August 5, 1983. The groups' annual corporate budgets total more than $92 million. The U.S. environmentalists have changed in the last two years. Their success is attributed to public support and to...
- Int'l Service Union Seeks Regulations On Asbestos Control. // Education Week;12/14/1983, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p2
The article reports on a rule-making petition filed by the Service Employees International Union with the Environmental Protection Agency in the U.S. The petition was intended to force the agency to establish rules on the levels of hazard and on removal requirements for asbestos in schools. The...
- LEARNING TO SAVE THE WORLD: Observations of Training for Effective Advocacy in the Australian Environment Movement. Whelan, James // Convergence;2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the activities of environmental movements in Australia. Strategies for environmental campaigners; Requisite skills for environmental activists; Conclusion.
- Updates. // Sierra;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p16
Presents an update on environmental protection in the United States and Mexico as of January 2002. Release of Mexican environmentalists Rodolfo Montiel and Teodoro Cabrera in November 2001; Locations in Mexico where native maize were contaminated by bioengineered varieties; Results of a study...
- Putting people first. KRUCZEK, STEVEN // Harvard International Review;Winter98/99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p9
Discusses the issue on the failure of environmentalists to protect the environment. Root of the environmental problem; What should be the focus of environmentalists efforts.
- The Battle for Nature. Dollar, Luke // Earthwatch Institute Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Comments on the challenges faced by environmentalist in the conservation of the ecosystem. Significance of Sun Tsu's 'Art of War' strategy in the effort; Role of scientists in conservation of the nature within biodiversity field; Emphasis on protecting pandas in the Wolong Nature Reserve.
- The new environmentalists. Lerner, Steve // Futurist;May98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p35
Focuses on the projects pursued by pragmatic environmentalists that provide models for a sustainable future in the United States. How the eco-pioneers pursue the projects and protect the environment; Strategies of eco-pioneers for combating environmental problems; Benefit of the people on...
- WILD GOOSE. Macy, Joanna // Orion Magazine;Spring2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reflects on the Council of All Beings ritual practiced by environmentalists in which people would step aside from their human identities and speak on behalf of other life forms. Limitations of the efforts to protect the environment; Details of how the ritual is done; Outcomes of Council of All...
- Bioneers. // Natural Life;Nov/Dec2002, Issue 88, p14
Focuses on the Bioneers Conference, a gathering of environmental visionaries. Purpose of the annual conference; Types of bioneers; Topics discussed during the conference.