Wisconsin GOP Opts for Alternative Amendment to Curb Local Spending
- The Strange Case of the Consensus on Public Spending. Talbot, Colin // PA Times;Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p8
Presents insights on the government spending policy of Howard Flight, deputy chairman of the Conservative Party and member of Parliament in Great Britain. Spending policy of Flight; Speech of Flight concerning the plans of his party to save money from public spending; Skepticism of the...
- HEY BIG SPENDER. Tuxworth, Ben // Green Futures;Nov/Dec2005, Issue 55, p16
The article features on the increased public spending of Great Britain. It has been found out that despite the increasing sums of money being processed through government, the politicians feel inability to change things. The author makes an inquiry on public spending contracts and wants to see...
- $109 Billion? // National Review;12/25/1981, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p1523
The article comments on the growth in the federal deficit of the U.S. for its fiscal 1982. The announcement of such incident had a sobering impact on political parties. It also had an impact on the members of the U.S. Congress who had been asking for an increase in social spending. Traditional...
- Limit Government Spending. Bartlett, Bruce // Human Events;9/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 31, p28
Reports on the frustration of the conservative base of the Republican Party on the unwillingness of U.S. President George W. Bush to restrain the growth of federal government spending. Criticism on Bush in the August 31, 2003 editorial of the periodical "Union Leader"; Argument of Bush...
- Spend and save. // Public Finance;02/14/97, p8
Discusses the apparent unanimity between the major political parties in Britain. Agreement on main obstacles to greater economic success; Views on public spending; Cost effectiveness of spending public money on social projects; Reluctance to disturb the markets; Need for change in Britain's...
- The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation. Ng, Yew-Kwang // National Tax Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p253
Offers to reconcile the apparent inconsistency concerning central public finance and partly to consider some other relevant issues affecting the appropriate benefit/cost ratio for and the optimal level of public spending. Conventional view of economists regarding the central public finance;...
- Enhancing the effectiveness of public spending. // OECD Economic Surveys: Finland;Mar2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the enhancement of public spending in Finland as of March 2003. Forces that shape public spending developments; Maintenance of aggregate fiscal discipline; Public expenditure issues in local government.
- Most read this week... // Personnel Today;6/15/2010, p2
The article offers information on most read online articles including one on fake fit-notes, public spending cuts in Great Britain and a guide for employment-related World Cup issues.
- The Ohio Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2002, p15
Presents the proposed budget for Ohio for 2002 and 2003. Restrictions on the ways of spending the budget; Priorities of the executive branch of the state government; Establishment of a budget stabilization fund by the governor.