Texas House Hikes Taxes On Cigarettes
- MIDWEST BOND-WATCH. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p35
Reports development related to bonds as of November 2003. Revision of Standard & Poor's outlook on Edward Health Services Corp.; Increase of cigarette tax; Balance of budget in education funds.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p27
Presents several news items related to the U.S. bond market as of january 22, 2003. Downgrade in rating of Iowa-based Clarke College's multimillion dollar outstanding debts by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Possible increase in taxes on cigarettes and alcohols in fiscal 2002...
- Cigarette Paper Burned. // njbiz;10/4/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the credit rating given by agencies to New Jersey state bonds on cigarette taxes set for collection, as of October 4, 2004. Measures planned by the state to cover the cost.
- Maryland approves $445 million in debt; hikes tax on tobacco. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30619, p36
Reports on the approval of Maryland legislators to issue $445 million worth of bonds and the proposal to increase cigarette tax. Additional revenue from bonds and tax increase by year 2000; Bonds to finance school construction.
- Tobacco-Bond Boosters Buoyed by New Jersey Offering. Alabanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31985, p5
Reports on the cigarette tax revenue bonds offering of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority to the proponents of the tobacco bonds. Amount of the offered cigarette tax revenue bonds; Importance of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement in the tobacco bonds; Statement of Michael Marz, vice...
- Maryland Senate OKs Cigarette Tax Hike. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on te Senate approval to increase the cigarette tax in Maryland. Increase in state spending on public schools; Price of a cigarette pack; State aid to local school system.
- N.J. Eyes Early October for $1.4B Cigarette Tax Revenue Bond Sale. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p36
The article reports that the New Jersey Economic Development Authority yesterday amended an earlier resolution and approved the sale of about $1.4 billion of cigarette tax revenue bonds, paving the way for the second tranche of deficit bonds in early October intended to help plug a hole in the...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p29
Reports developments related to bond issues in the United States as of November 2000. Rate for the tax allocation bond proceedings of Davis Redevelopment Agency; Amount of money needed for the development of a state college; Launch of the concourse project for air travelers.
- States' Plan To Get Federal Cigarette Tax Could Go Up in Smoke. Sirkin, J. R. // Education Week;2/6/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the plan to get a federal cigarette tax might become a casualty. Such plan on cigarette tax depends on the selection of the finance education reform which will end up to casualty due to the increasing federal debt. An 8-cent tax which was imposed by the Congress as a...