Erie County, N.Y., Seeking Bankers With Open Arms
- Life Insurance Buyers' Characteristics. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/5/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 26, p25
Presents several characteristics of life insurance buyers in the U.S. Conservatism of buyers with the insurance investment; Capability of insurer to carry all the risk of policy mechanics; Demand for guaranteed coverage for life.
- Erie County Capital Plan on Hold Until Debt-Sale Dispute Is Resolved. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33057, p5
The article reports on the decision of the local government of Erie County, New York to resume its capital construction projects only until a long-standing conflict over borrowing is resolved. According to Mark Poloncarz, the country comptroller, Erie County can only advance money for emergency...
- Big Apple Issues Developing Managers RFP. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;6/4/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that the City of New York Office of the Comptroller is looking for developing managers to oversee mandates in global, non-U.S. and U.S. equity for the New York City Retirement Systems. The searches come as a result of the systems' newly adopted developing manager initiative....
- Erie County seeking regional land bank. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;4/5/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the demand led by Executive of Erie County, New York, Mark Poloncarz for the establishment of a regional land bank in the county, for which an application has been submitted to the government of New York.
- Throws Hat in the Ring. // Polish American Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the announcement from Erie County, New York comptroller Mark Poloncarz regarding his candidacy for the county's executive at the Lackawanna Public Library on May 7, 2011.
- As Aviation Prices Plummet, Sellers Fear Worst-Case Scenario. Tuckey, Steve // National Underwriter / P&C;2/26/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p13
The article focuses on the concerns of the Aviation Insurance Buyers, to maintain their portfolios in Insurance industry in the U.S. Thomas G. Kaiser, executive vice president of the Special Risks Division at Arch Insurance Group, stated that, the challenge for today's airlines remains the...
- Egypt: Insurers allowed to outsource investment management. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Apr2014, p19
The article discusses a decision by Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority's chairman Sherif Samy to allow insurance and reinsurance companies doing business in the country to outsource part of their investment portfolios to investment fund managers.
- No bonus for savings goals. Kanter, Jake // Supply Management;2/18/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the SM100 poll regarding the percentage of international buyers that did not receive bonus for slashing cost and buyers who were rewarded for their efforts in driving savings.
- Bills stadium lease a Poloncarz priority. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;1/5/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that Mark Poloncarz, Erie County, New York Executive, has aimed to extend the lease of the Buffalo Bills on the Ralph Wilson Stadium which will expire in July 2013.